PDA

View Full Version : "Clean" Soap Help

TuxedoTaurus
12-24-2014, 11:59 AM
My car has a 2 month old coat of DG105. I currently use DG902 for the weekly/bi-weekly washes and use 25/75 mix of AW/FCS as a drying aid.

Once a month I will wash with the car with Carpro IronX Snow Soap(IXSS). I pre-saok with a 32oz bottle of IXSS 1:8, then 2bm wash with 3oz of IXSS in 5 gal bucket. This always leaves the car looking great, and baggie test smooth. Also the DG105 does not seem affected by this method.

However I got the 4L IXSS with the foam cannon deal and is rather expensive by itself.

Is their another more economical soap that will clean/decon the paint (clean, degrease, and not mandatory but dissolve ferrous particles) as well as IXSS and also leave nothing behind (ie. "gloss enhacers")?

FUNX650
12-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Once a month I will wash with the car with Carpro IronX Snow Soap(IXSS).
That seems excessive to me...
Is there that much "iron-fallout"
to contend with where you live?

Is their another more economical soap that will clean/decon the paint (clean, degrease, and not mandatory but dissolve ferrous particles) as well as IXSS and also leave nothing behind (ie. "gloss enhacers")?
The best and most economical car-wash soap/shampoo that I can think of that'll meet your above requirements is:
Finish Kare 118 Super Concentrated Shampoo.

Although FK 118 doesn't have iron particulates dissolving attributes (that's the duties of Step#2 of FK's Decon System)...it does neutralize the effects of acid rain and hard water.

And:
You still have the IXSS in your inventory
whenever you deem its use is necessary.

Bob

TuxedoTaurus
12-24-2014, 01:57 PM
I live a half mile from the Eastman plant, which produces all kinds of products, in Kingsport TN. It puts off some fowl odors, I can only imagine what is airborne. I just rather be safe.

I'm more concerned with the fall out and road film.

I will check it out. Thanks

CarolinasFinestDetailing
12-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Is your car coated?

TuxedoTaurus
12-24-2014, 03:47 PM
No it has dg105, which according to both DG and carpro labels the sealant should not and has not shown signs of degrading. Coating is being debated for the spring.

mwoolfso
12-24-2014, 03:53 PM

IMHO....

Part A of your question is "probably not". DG902 had the best TCO of a lot of 18 washes AGO carries. If you can get 902 for $27 you are in the sweet spot. However, you may be able to better if you went with Mothers California Gold car wash. OTC retail stores in my area sometimes have 32oz going for $4.99; which at this point Mother's tops 902 in the TCO category. Also, Mother's CG foams well in a cannon.

Part B is also "probably not". I suggest increasing the time between IXSS applications if you are looking to stretch your dollar in this area.

TuxedoTaurus
12-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Mwoolfso, thanks for the reply. I am not looking to replace the DG902. I am looking for something that does a similar job to the IXSS. I will buy another jug when it runs out unless there is something less expensive.

Bob, I will get some of the FK with my next order. Looks very promising. I wash actually looking at the full decon kit till i came across IX.

Mask
03-09-2015, 12:03 AM
This sound interesting :)
I always have the same thinking to use ironx snow soap for biweekly wash and top with spray sealant/wax after. In between just use DG901 or similar.