PDA

View Full Version : Great Movie

DetailKitty
12-22-2014, 09:03 PM
Rush... The F-1 movie directed by Ron Howard.

Finally watched this tonight...fantastic movie! Yes, I know this was out a while ago.

For anyone that loves cars, loves to drive, have just floored it on a wide-open road....

It was a really good movie.

I watch F-1, but I think this movie has something for any car enthusiast.

campngolf
12-22-2014, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the reminder that I need to watch this flick.

FocusSTguy
12-22-2014, 09:11 PM
I've been wanting to see this. I wish it was on Netflix.

KMdef9
12-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Great story, well shot and the actors were great too!

I've been watching Guardians of the Galaxy again and again recently tough.

whavens
12-22-2014, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the reminder DK. I am a huge open wheel fan. This last May, my daughter babysat for Helio Castroneves for the whole month while he was in Indy for the 500. She got to go to the track during qualifying,with a pit pass, went to dinner and with he and Adriana after the race. The last thing he said before he left town was "see you next May." He is a class act, and she had a ball all month.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

DetailKitty
12-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Guess everyone needs to watch this for Xmas now :xyxthumbs:

Should be easy to convince your better-halves to watch it... tell them Chris Hemsworth is naked in it.

EVOlved
12-23-2014, 09:22 AM
Should be easy to convince your better-halves to watch it... tell them Chris Hemsworth is naked in it.

Well if that's true you may have just convinced me not to watch it...

DetailKitty
12-23-2014, 09:32 AM
Well if that's true you may have just convinced me not to watch it...

Eh, it's one quick scene.

RottenII
12-23-2014, 09:35 AM
I watched it a few months ago. Great flick and worth renting.

Paul A.
12-23-2014, 10:31 AM
I agree, excellent flick. I'm also a huge F-1 fan and really enjoyed this film about the "old days". The irreverant, party hard personality of James Hunt contrasted against the robotic, machine like character of Niki Lauda was incredible. Sure, there were some Hollywood liberties taken with the story of that season but it was probably fairly accurate overall.

Another favorite race film of mine was LeMans with Steve McQueen.

NYV6Coupe
12-23-2014, 10:43 AM
I'm pretty sure that I read Ron Howard was able to obtain quite a few vintage F1 cars from that time period to create "authentic" footage & racing scenes.

I thought the movie was excellent & definitely worth watching.