PDA

View Full Version : UPGP+ Ultima PaintGuard Plus+

Pages : [1] 2

armoredsaint
12-22-2014, 08:57 PM
So I used it for the first time today, I forgot that I bought this at the beginning of the year. It looks decent on my new 2015 BMW 535i M-Sport (Carbon Black Metallic), but it doesn't seem to have the "pop" or slickness like Zaino CS.

I used 2 coats with 6 hours between, my garage temp was 55 degrees F with heaters on.

Is this typical of UPGP+? Maybe I will give CQuartz a try or go back to my proven favorites - Zaino or Klasse Twins.

DaveT435
12-22-2014, 09:02 PM
So I used it for the first time today, I forgot that I bought this at the beginning of the year. It looks decent on my new 2015 BMW 535i M-Sport (Carbon Black Metallic), but it doesn't seem to have the "pop" or slickness like Zaino CS.

I used 2 coats with 6 hours between, my garage temp was 55 degrees F.

Is this typical of UPGP+? Maybe I will give CQuartz a try or go back to my proven favorites - Zaino or Klasse Twins.

UPGP is usually very slick with a great shine. It may not be all the way dry yet since you put two coats on...give it a couple days and see how it looks and feels.

armoredsaint
12-22-2014, 09:06 PM
thanks and i assume since it's colder here in Ohio, it will take longer for it to cure?

Setec Astronomy
12-22-2014, 09:09 PM
As Dave said, it probably has to cure or whatever a bit more, I wouldn't expect it to disappoint vs. Z-CS. Let us know how it is in the morning.

DaveT435
12-22-2014, 09:11 PM
thanks and i assume since it's colder here in Ohio, it will take longer for it to cure?

Yes. It was in the 80's here when I did two coats and I don't think it was all the way cured for about 24 hours. 18 months later and it's getting to the point where it needs to be redone

MarkD51
12-22-2014, 09:25 PM
I've come to some conclusions about UPGP, and it is this.

That there might be a 1000 other products that might look better on your paint. I could rattle on, and take up another 3000 words written, as to what might work-look better. Nattys, Fuzion, Zymol, Zaino, Collinite, WGDGPS 3.0, Menz Powerlock, Souveran, etc etc etc.

But such a product such as UPGP I truly love for detailing door jambs, under hood, trunk areas, all the spots where you don't want to dig out residues for a week, have it effect-stain things like rubber weatherstripping, plastics, and hide in cracks, making things really look like ass,

The only one thing to consider about such WOWAs, is that you cannot expect them to remove swirling, and scratches. They were not designed for that.

DaveT435
12-22-2014, 09:30 PM
guess it depends on the vehicle. I've used Fuzion, Menz power lock, Wolfgang DGLS, EXO, C2v3 and I would put it right up there near the top

DaveT435
12-23-2014, 03:59 PM

So how does the UPGP look and feel now?

jgibson2980
12-23-2014, 05:54 PM
Ive used upgp+, on about 20 vehicles . It has never disappointed me or my clients, they love it . After it is fully cured the shine and slickness is spectacular. Givea a glass almost coated look when applied properly. Did you clay and polish the vehicle before applying. ?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online

MarkD51
12-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Ive used upgp+, on about 20 vehicles . It has never disappointed me or my clients, they love it . After it is fully cured the shine and slickness is spectacular. Givea a glass almost coated look when applied properly. Did you clay and polish the vehicle before applying. ?

It was very kind DaveT435 right here, who first turned me onto the "World of WOWAs",

Sent me a "Little Care Package" that would've set me back a week's worth of pay!

Really opened my eyes, I'll tell you that. Upon first time using it, I probably used 3 times too much, saw the oiliness left behind, and of course had to come behind and do a wipe down with an MF Towel. I think in any case you probably should to level, and remove any excess liberal applications.

It did produce a glass like finish, very nice.

And I agree that it is with little doubt a product that to get optimal results from, it needs to go onto squeaky clean paint. That if you were to just come behind a Collinite #845 application a month or so prior, you will more than likely not reap the full benefits, and look.

Of course after Dave's intro, I bought a nice big bottle, and a bottle of UTTP. A really great "lazy man's" product IMO, and like I said before, fantastic for the out of the way tight spots, where you don't wish to deal with caked on dried residues from other WOWO Sealants-Waxes.

I did my Barrett Deems Drumset with UPGP a couple-three weeks ago, great, and I value this Drumest at about $7K. It was Barrett's own set, an Endorser Set, quite rare. Worth over 3 times more than my crapbox daily driver Kia Spectra.

There's many other great uses for these products around the house you'll find.

jgibson2980
12-24-2014, 12:09 PM
Are yall using the old formula or the new one?

DaveT435
12-24-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm using the old. I did a black Solara with the new one last week. I'll be showing the owner how to properly wash the car Friday so I'll see how that one turns out. Mark is using the old version as well.

armoredsaint
12-24-2014, 01:26 PM
So how does the UPGP look and feel now?

it seems a little smoother and shinier - pic taken yesterday

i did use Zaino AIO, but didn't clay as I used the plastic baggie test and it was very smooth - I bought the car when basically it was getting unloaded from a covered carrier

:props:

http://images57.fotki.com/v1418/photos/7/499657/13525887/IMG_1420-vi.jpg

DaveT435
12-24-2014, 01:46 PM
it seems a little smoother and shinier - pic taken yesterday

i did use Zaino AIO, but didn't clay as I used the plastic baggie test and it was very smooth - I bought the car when basically it was getting unloaded from a covered carrier

:props:

http://images57.fotki.com/v1418/photos/7/499657/13525887/IMG_1420-vi.jpg

I haven't used this product on anything but bare paint. It sounds like Mark put it on top of something else with less than great results. I've now used the new version on bare paint, I'm going to try it on my mother's car in a couple weeks using the Ultima Paint Prep Plus which they say leaves behind a special primer to promote proper bonding. It will be interesting to see it on completely bare paint vs with the UPPP

DaveT435
12-24-2014, 01:48 PM
Are yall using the old formula or the new one?

Which are you using? If your using the new do you use the Paint Prep Plus? Or just completely cleaned paint?