PDA

View Full Version : Lc wool wheel wash mitt

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
12-22-2014, 10:40 AM
Lake Country Wool Wheel Washing Mitt (http://www.autogeek.net/wool-wheel-cleaning-mitt.html)

Just got it today from fed-x. Interesting. Cant wait to see how good it cleans wheels. I usually use the mothers wheel brush/daytona wheel brush for wheel duty. Was always interested in this mitt.

Rsurfer
12-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Subscribed.

whavens
12-22-2014, 02:27 PM
I use them and like them a lot. Be sure to wear nitrite gloves under them or your hands will be black, they bleed pretty bad.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

TroyScherer
12-22-2014, 02:45 PM
My quick review from the ACC store.

I was very excited to get this as it allows me to hand clean my wheels without large brushes that "clank" against my wheels. It works great and is almost the prefect size. My only major complaint is the black die still bleeds and turns my hand black and this is after 6+ months of use.

Pros:

Fits the hand nicely without being to large
Cleans well
Seems to be almost the perfect size

Cons:

Black die bleeds and turns hand black (Still)
Need to soak before use since it is real wool

EVOlved
12-22-2014, 06:01 PM
My quick review from the ACC store.

I was very excited to get this as it allows me to hand clean my wheels without large brushes that "clank" against my wheels. It works great and is almost the prefect size. My only major complaint is the black die still bleeds and turns my hand black and this is after 6+ months of use.

Pros:

Fits the hand nicely without being to large
Cleans well
Seems to be almost the perfect size

Cons:

Black die bleeds and turns hand black (Still)
Need to soak before use since it is real wool

The real question Troy is do you still consistently use it? Or do you have another preferred media?

Finemess
12-22-2014, 06:59 PM
I really like mine, I've used it off and on for a couple months now. I don't put my fingers in it, sort of palm it and hook my thumb around it for control, hence I don't have the dye troubles some others have had. Over all a very handy mitt.

TroyScherer
12-22-2014, 08:25 PM
The real question Troy is do you still consistently use it? Or do you have another preferred media?

I use it almost every wash. This plus the Daytona speed brush is a great 1-2 combo for me.

armoredsaint
12-22-2014, 08:53 PM
I use them and like them a lot. Be sure to wear nitrite gloves under them or your hands will be black, they bleed pretty bad.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

that isn't good, thanks for the heads up.

fly07sti
12-22-2014, 11:43 PM
Not sure if they come from the same manufacturer, but I use the GG's and they only bled a little on the very first use. Do love em though. As Troy said, don't have to worry about the backing and handles hitting the wheel.

theblob640
12-23-2014, 12:06 AM
I am currently using the CarPro 2Fingers Mini Wool Wash Mitt. Wouldn't they work the same without the bleeding?

TroyScherer
12-23-2014, 06:34 AM
I am currently using the CarPro 2Fingers Mini Wool Wash Mitt. Wouldn't they work the same without the bleeding?

Yes, in many ways. But I think the CarPro 2Fingers Mini is almost to nice for wheel use. I use them for tight spot around mirrors and door jambs.

The LC wheel mitt with is triangular shape let me reach into all the tight corners while also being large enough to let me reach around to the back side of wheel spokes.

EVOlved
12-23-2014, 09:03 AM
I need to stay off of the forums!! I end up like a kid in a candy store and want to buy everything. I just bought wheel woolies now I want this too!

Circa40
12-23-2014, 09:17 AM
I used mine twice.
The first time I used it my hand turned black. I tried washing and soaking it in vinegar and used it again but my hands and the water in my wash bucket turned black.
Asked LC about the problem they claimed they never heard of the problem.
Oh well, I'll stick with my Meg's MF mitt.

TroyScherer
12-23-2014, 09:40 AM
^I now have a rubber glove I pull on before using the Lc wool wheel wash mitt. When I am done I pull it off and let it dry and re-use it the next time.

swanicyouth
12-23-2014, 09:47 AM
^ if anyone wants some awesome rubber gloves for not too much $$$, get the heavy duty black ones at Harbor Freight. I mean, I had the blue ones from there and they were garbage. You can't rip these black ones - even doing mechanical work they hold up. I've been using the same pair forever now. I just spray them with Brake Kleen and let them dry when I'm done. Plus, they go far up your wrist so water doesn't get in them. Top shelf product from Harbor Freight.