PDA

View Full Version : menzerna sf4500 hard to break down?

lekejian
12-22-2014, 01:33 AM
I used both menzerna sf4500 and rupes ultra fine on each panel using duetto 12e.

on rupes side , three or four passes ,it turns clear, plus the smell is good.

on sf4500 side, six passes still hazed.

normally, how many passes to break down sf4500 using DA?

SonOfOC
12-22-2014, 02:08 AM
6 passes on a Duetto 12 is plenty to breakdown SF4500 if you don't use too much product. Some prime and use 3 dots for subsequent panels, but I use 5 dots to start and 3 dots after that.

SF4500 will start to clear during the break down. It does not need to go "completely" clear. Hope that helps.

silverfox
12-22-2014, 06:15 AM
If you tried HD polish, the 4500 would become a door stop.

Mike Phillips
12-22-2014, 07:22 AM
on sf4500 side, six passes still hazed.

When you use teh word

hazed

Do you mean the film of product on the surface is still opaque and has not turned clear or translucetn?

The reason I ask is because the majority of time when people use the term haze or hazed in reference to polishing paint it means the paint is filled with scratches, as in DA Haze.

So you're not saying the SF4500 is hazing the paint what you mean is you expect it to turn clear after a certain amount f passes and it has not turned to a clear film on the surface.

Correct?

normally, how many passes to break down sf4500 using DA?

As the guy that came up with the definition of the terms (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/19994-step-step-how-article-using-pinnacle-products-new-pc-7424xp.html#post249540) single pass and section pass, if you mean how many "Section Passes" are required to break down the diminishing abrasives in an the SF4500 the a good rule of thumb for working with any product is to make approximately 6 section passes.

Any fewer and ther's probably not even a reason to use the product.

When applying a finishing wax or finishing sealant, that is a non-cleaning LSP to seal the paint you make 2-3 passes over each square inch of paint just to insure uniform coverage and a uniform layer of product.

6 sectoin passes of an Ultra Fine Cut polish like the SF4500 isn't much more than applying a finishing wax.

What are you working on?

:dunno: