PDA

View Full Version : Metro vac turbo nozzle.

OCD Detailing
12-21-2014, 07:53 PM
We have the Metro Vac with thr Turbo "nozzle" the one that spins the wheel to help pick up dirt) We have only had it 4 months and it pretty much stopped spinning after 3 months. I took it apart to clean it but as far as I can tell there is nothing stopping it from spinning, yet it is pretty difficult to spin with my hand.

Anybody know of a fix for it?

Thank you

conman1395
12-21-2014, 08:35 PM
Might be hair somewhere.

Jlt23
12-21-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm not an air tool expert, but moisture from the compressed air may have caused corrosion and rusted it in place. Do you run filters with your compressor set up? This happened to me with a cheap blower.

dcjredline
12-21-2014, 09:39 PM
I'm not an air tool expert, but moisture from the compressed air may have caused corrosion and rusted it in place. Do you run filters with your compressor set up? This happened to me with a cheap blower.

Its a vacuum attachment

Jlt23
12-21-2014, 10:11 PM
Its a vacuum attachment

Oops. For some reason I was thinking of the tornador vacuum attachment.

jsgntulok
12-21-2014, 10:25 PM
I have had several of these "turbo nozzles" over the years, with various mfg names on them: Kirby, Hoover, Eureka. None of them lasted very long. I had the same issue you have - they became very difficult to spin, even by hand. Disposed of all of them. Since you have had yours for just a few months, you might try for a warranty replacement. However, in all probability, you will have the same result with a new nozzle.