PDA

View Full Version : Perferated leather seats

OCD Detailing
12-21-2014, 07:46 PM
I detailed a close to brand new Porsche 911 today. It has the perferated leather. I couldn't seem to get 5 or 6 "crumbs" that were stuck in the perforations. I tried a brush hoping that one of the bristols might knock the crumbs out but it didn't. Any tricks to it?

Thank you.

DaveT435
12-21-2014, 07:49 PM
Dental tool?? Try the keyboard cleaner compressed air and see if that will blow it out??

FrankS
12-21-2014, 08:10 PM
Toothpick or paper clip.

OCD Detailing
12-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Tooth pick was too obvious. Lol how did I not think of that?!? I'll take some canned air as well. Just in case.

Thanks

GenesisCoupe
12-21-2014, 08:53 PM
Toothpick or paper clip.

Tooth pick was too obvious. Lol how did I not think of that?!? I'll take some canned air as well. Just in case.

Thanks

Actually..

I asked the same question few months ago as my lady spilled yogurt into the small holes and didn't tell me about it until a week later..

The toothpick wont do much, and you can do more damage if not careful.

Brush, liquid leather, gel, creme, spray nothing worked.

I did not try the air pressure method, but I wouldnt try anything stronger than the typical computer clean up can you can get at a electronics store.

Let me know your results!

FUNX650
12-21-2014, 09:06 PM
I detailed a close to brand new Porsche 911 today. It has the perferated leather. I couldn't seem to get 5 or 6 "crumbs" that were stuck in the perforations. I tried a brush hoping that one of the bristols might knock the crumbs out but it didn't. Any tricks to it?

Thank you.
I might have overlooked it...but I didn't read anywhere
that you tried vacuuming the crumbs up out of the holes.

I always vacuum the seats---their perforations and all.
That usually removes any debris that's caught in them.

Bob