PDA

View Full Version : At what point are we doing too much?

Pages : [1] 2

Chase.Detailing
12-21-2014, 02:35 PM
When at a customer's home, do you all roll up the hose neatly after you use it? Does it depend on how you found it? If you found it in a pile, will you leave it in a pile after finishing, or roll it up? I guess it also depends on the type of job, if you find yourself under bidding the job you may act a bit differently?

Same with extension cords....

Also, What if the customer is taking the trash to the top of the driveway or carrying a bag of leaves...do we help them or continue working on the task at hand and what we are being PAID to do?

Curious how other AG folks approach these situations...

hoyt66
12-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Always leave things you borrow in better condition than you received them. Cords or hoses
Prob should
Have your own
Don't help with their chores. You're there to do a detailing job only.

custmsprty
12-21-2014, 03:01 PM
Always leave things you borrow in better condition than you received them. Cords or hoses
Prob should
Have your own

Well said. :props:

Nomadsto
12-21-2014, 04:20 PM
i'd never let a lady walk passed me lugging something heavy, just sayin'.

FUNX650
12-21-2014, 04:28 PM
i'd never let a lady walk passed me lugging something heavy, just sayin'.
What if her Husband knows that what she's lugging
does not exceed her strength limitations?

Bob

mwoolfso
12-21-2014, 05:13 PM
For a bag of leaves FunX? In general the bias should be to help unless other factors dictate otherwise.

Real Riders
12-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Have you ever worked for a car dealer and he pulls you off the job to help him pick up a car that he purchased but does not offer to pay you?

SSTG
12-21-2014, 05:35 PM
I ALWAYS try to go above and beyond what I am expected to do.

If that means helping someone carry groceries in from the garage while I am in it Detailing...so be it.

Mach1USMC
12-21-2014, 06:21 PM
When at a customer's home, do you all roll up the hose neatly after you use it? Does it depend on how you found it? If you found it in a pile, will you leave it in a pile after finishing, or roll it up? I guess it also depends on the type of job, if you find yourself under bidding the job you may act a bit differently?

Also, What if the customer is taking the trash to the top of the driveway or carrying a bag of leaves...do we help them or continue working on the task at hand and what we are being PAID to do?

As far as hoses, cords etc. if I'm using the customers tools I always clean them up and roll them up. I bring all my own equipment so 99% of the time I don't have that issue. As far as helping a customer with chores, it depends on the circumstances but I usually will not help. I was hired to do a job, I'm getting paid to do a job that's usually expected to be done in a certain time frame. If I stop what I'm doing everytime my client needs help with something I'm taking away from doing the job I was hired to do. - I'm not a complete jerk though. If I see the client struggling to carry something or lift something I'll usually help. But anything else that's time consuming I won't.

Just my .02

FUNX650
12-21-2014, 07:07 PM
For a bag of leaves FunX? In general the bias should be to help unless other factors dictate otherwise.
Other factors? How about:
That's all I'd need is to have someone...even if it is a person of the female persuasion...going 'round stirring-up a bunch of leaf-debris, so it can wind up
settling down on the vehicle I'm detailing!!

Bob

Mike lambert
12-21-2014, 07:31 PM
I just use common courtesy?

conman1395
12-21-2014, 08:54 PM

To Chase.Detailing, I'm not directing this at you. This is just a general post.

It's pathetic that anyone would ask this. It takes no time at all to do. If I watch my parents house, I make sure it's cleaner than when they left.
When I see people act in a way that's determined by who made the mess I think of volunteering I did a few summers so teaching read. If a kid accidentally pulled too many books off no kids would help. If a teacher asks kids to help they say, "I didn't make the mess". I see the same thing in college.

End of rant.

FrankS
12-21-2014, 09:26 PM
Prob should
Have your own

:iagree: ...but if I noticed that they were struggling with something and looked like they needed help, I would ask them if they needed help.

allenk4
12-21-2014, 10:54 PM
If you use their equipment, leave it better than you found it

If you plan on using their water, you might consider keeping a hose repair kit in your gear

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/WP_20140924_07_50_32_Pro.jpg

parttimer
12-22-2014, 08:20 AM
To Chase.Detailing, I'm not directing this at you. This is just a general post.

It's pathetic that anyone would ask this. It takes no time at all to do. If I watch my parents house, I make sure it's cleaner than when they left.
When I see people act in a way that's determined by who made the mess I think of volunteering I did a few summers so teaching read. If a kid accidentally pulled too many books off no kids would help. If a teacher asks kids to help they say, "I didn't make the mess". I see the same thing in college.

End of rant.
Did you stop by my house? I hear this all the time from my gf kids. "Put that away" "it's not mine" "but you played with it last" "but it's not mine" aarrgghh