PDA

View Full Version : Starting out needing personal advice! First post

Jaysmobile25
12-21-2014, 01:52 AM
This is my first ever post on AG, I have been a creeper and finally decided to get involved and get needed advice from the best like you guys.

I have had the hobby of loving anything to do with cars since the age of 5. My father was an instructor within the navy and Retired early due to injury was certified in various things from hydraulics to electronic components. Long story short, I grew up in a garage doing various tasks and havin a VERY wide knowledge base. At the age of 14, I painted my very first project car which was a crappy Chrysler Sebring. At 15, I rebuilt and swapped my motor in my daily civic and also went in on body work and painting and also got into detailing very little. Now at the age of 19, I have grown into the buisness world more due to being majored in buisness in college.
Now I own BMW 328i that I worked my butt off for doing various jobs car/non car related. I have grown my knowledge from the years and also my supplies as home garage mechanic and detailer and have just about anything you could want in your man cave due to my father handing me hands things also.
I have detailed over atleast 6 cars of friends and family. Not all nice vehicles,but all with drastic results and would like to step it up a notch into a real buisness. I have already gotten buisness cards constructed along with various documents for pricing, terms, and my buisness plan. With this all said, I'm always down to learn more and want advice on building my soon to be buisness. I am in the process of registering as an LLC also.
I have read nearly all threads about starting out and advertisement but want advice directly to steer me right and help to get over my shyness.
Here is an example of my work. The Toyota was done as a 3 step compound, polish, sealant/wax. Drastic changes for badly abused and faded paint.they just wanted it back shiny to sell. So it's not fully scratch less,no holograms. It's a very old beaten car and it still shows it.
Sorry for such a long post, just looking for basic starting out advice. Thank you for your time.

This is all based off of wanting to be mobile. I did a job today for a coworker with my current setup in my fathers kia sorrento with a 25gal tank and everything else that's needed stored inside.