PDA

View Full Version : optimum hyper compound

ct18
12-20-2014, 06:53 PM
I ordered from special value for great price. I gave it a try today on my ram hood that had a few rids not to bad, truck only has 5k. I was impressed with the outcome, took care of imperfections and left nice finish. I used poorboys polish and covered with pete's 53. Truck looks good, forgot to take pictures.

I noticed it is back to regular price now in special value. I got the 128oz for 25 bucks, great deal. I need a spray bottle still for it.

fly07sti
12-20-2014, 09:14 PM
Great compound and is very diverse. I bought another gallon as well at $25 + the 25% off. Unreal price for such a great product!

DaveT435
12-20-2014, 09:29 PM
I bought a 1/2 gallon of the Hyper polish like that when they changed the formula. Also a great product, very versatile. Optimum makes nice products.

AutowerxDetailing
12-20-2014, 11:20 PM
I bought 3 gallons over the last few weeks since AG slashed the price. It doesn't seem to cut as well as say D300 or M105 but it has almost zero dust while working. I really like it with MF pads.

I will note that Hyper Compound doesn't work very well in a sprayer. Hyper Polish is awesome, one or two sprays covers the entire pad with product. Love it. Hyper Compound, on the other hand, doesn't seem to spray evenly. I just use it in a normal squeeze bottle like my other products.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online

ct18
12-20-2014, 11:28 PM
i noticed that 105 was also a little better,but this worked very well on my new truck. I will give it a try with mf pads next. i only used my pc, i am saving up for a flex.

I guess getting this surface pro 3 was not helping in the savings department. I got work to pay half so was hard to pass up

fly07sti
12-21-2014, 01:12 AM
True the cut isn't as strong as 105, but the long buffing cycle, virtually no dusting easily make up the difference IMO.

Setec Astronomy
12-21-2014, 02:06 AM
I guess since the price is back up to normal, that means they finally cleared out the old blue version (which is why they were selling it for $25) to make way for the new orange. If you like the blue, you should like the orange better (I bought a half gallon of blue when they were blowing that out for $25).