PDA

View Full Version : Ruh Row... talked to Santa and ordered a 3401 - Shhhh don't tell CarMomma!

Pages : [1] 2

cardaddy
12-19-2014, 11:49 PM
Well, I reckon I just couldn't resist it anymore.

Perhaps I'm felling froggy, perhaps I actually need it, or PERHAPS I might need a new place to live. :dunno: :laughing:

Have a couple more jobs this year, one's in the garage now, another (new C7) I scheduled right after Christmas. So I figured why not get the extra tax write off. Right? :rolleyes:

So anyhow.... called Santa (er Nick) ;) today and ordered the 3401, LC backing plate kit, deluxe Flex bag and a few hybrid pads.

Now y'all don't go telling CarMomma (lest she kick me out) :eek: and we'll just hide it under the tree! Won't be needing it till the 27th or so. Surely Santa will be able to make it down the chimney with it, and I'll slide right into the pile with the rest. :D

After all.... last year she got her own Rupes Duetto. So we have Italy and Germany covered, throw in Japan (is the GG6 close enough to count) :dunno: and we have the Axis of power. :laughing:

Kamakaz1961
12-20-2014, 12:16 AM
LMAO!!! I peed in my pants reading this!!! The Flex is the best!! Why not get the mini as the Flex 3401 Sidekick....I did!!!

LOL

rms64
12-20-2014, 12:22 AM
HA! Good for you CarDaddy!

I know you'll put that 3401 to good use! :xyxthumbs:

jarred767
12-20-2014, 01:21 AM
Nice Tony! Is this just to add to the collection, or your first Flex? I've heard you talk about the Rupes in other posts, are you usually a Rupes user, or simply a DA guy?

I've talked myself out of the Flex countless times telling myself that I don't need it since I have my Rupes 21, but sooner or later I'm probably gonna cave. Have fun with the new machine!! :dblthumb2:

cardaddy
12-20-2014, 03:29 AM
LMAO!!! I peed in my pants reading this!!! The Flex is the best!! Why not get the mini as the Flex 3401 Sidekick....I did!!!

LOL
The Mini!!!??? Shut ur mouth!
CarMomma is gonna castrate me as it is! :laughing:

Might pick up another GG6 or a GG3 though. (Can get 30% off at Advance AP on the GG6. ;) But for some reason they won't apply the coupon code to the GG3.) :dunno:

HA! Good for you CarDaddy!

I know you'll put that 3401 to good use! :xyxthumbs:
Thanks brother!
I'll sure try and put it to good use.
Like maybe sanding myself a smooth floor in my doghouse so I can spread out all my microfibers and have a soft place to lay. :D :rolleyes:

The C7 was going to come Tuesday. But I've already been warned that I *WOULD NOT* be out in the garage Christmas eve and/or Christmas day working on it!!!![emoji33]

So I called the guy and told him not to bring it before Saturday. :rolleyes: (Although he's leaving it with me and won't be back in the country till the 14th.)

Nice Tony! Is this just to add to the collection, or your first Flex? I've heard you talk about the Rupes in other posts, are you usually a Rupes user, or simply a DA guy?

I've talked myself out of the Flex countless times telling myself that I don't need it since I have my Rupes 21, but sooner or later I'm probably gonna cave. Have fun with the new machine!! :dblthumb2:
Adding to a various collection yes. But yeah.... it's my first Flex. I have a Rupes Duetto kit as well. (Remember when they first came out it was only available in the kit, w/pads, compound, polish, bag, apron, even sanding discs.) ;) Then of course there's my old friend the GG6. What a workhorse that puppy has been! :)

Splurged and went for the "deluxe" Flex bag with this one. Nick err Santa said it was on sale (and gave me a killer deal to boot). :D

Sure would be nice if they threw in a Flex apron!!!!! ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

dad07
12-20-2014, 03:27 PM
Congrats Tony!

like I said yesterday.........if CarMomma gives you the boot.....you got a place to hang!( eerr hide)

just bring that ther flex with ya LOL!!!

Kamakaz1961
12-20-2014, 03:35 PM
Hey Cardaddy....has CarMomma castrate you yet? Is your voice at a really high pitch???...LOL

DaveT435
12-20-2014, 04:01 PM
Well, I reckon I just couldn't resist it anymore.

Perhaps I'm felling froggy, perhaps I actually need it, or PERHAPS I might need a new place to live. :dunno: :laughing:

Have a couple more jobs this year, one's in the garage now, another (new C7) I scheduled right after Christmas. So I figured why not get the extra tax write off. Right? :rolleyes:

So anyhow.... called Santa (er Nick) ;) today and ordered the 3401, LC backing plate kit, deluxe Flex bag and a few hybrid pads.

Now y'all don't go telling CarMomma (lest she kick me out) :eek: and we'll just hide it under the tree! Won't be needing it till the 27th or so. Surely Santa will be able to make it down the chimney with it, and I'll slide right into the pile with the rest. :D

After all.... last year she got her own Rupes Duetto. So we have Italy and Germany covered, throw in Japan (is the GG6 close enough to count) :dunno: and we have the Axis of power. :laughing:

I almost pulled the trigger this morning with the 15% off again. Would have saved my wife from trying to figure out what to get me...just couldn't do it.
I'll probably get one as my free gift with my order from the other day anyway right?? Hahahahaha. With my luck they'll forget to put my 10.00 gift in the box.

In all seriousness after you use it please try and estimate how much time you think it would save over using a PC on an average size car. We both know with our backs the way they are a 10 -20% time savings would be huge.
Thanks

cardaddy
12-20-2014, 04:42 PM
Congrats Tony!

like I said yesterday.........if CarMomma gives you the boot.....you got a place to hang!( eerr hide)

just bring that ther flex with ya LOL!!!

Well, she found out (somehow) :rolleyes: and hasn't killed me yet.
Then again..... she was supposed to help me today doing PBL booster and light interior work and she's not - EVEN - stepped in the garage. :laughing:

Hey Cardaddy....has CarMomma castrate you yet? Is your voice at a really high pitch???...LOL

I hid all the big strong rubber bands! :eek:

Tried to get Nick not to send me the e-mail confirmation but he'd already clicked the button, (which auto generates the e-mail). Ooooops.....!!!!! :D

I almost pulled the trigger this morning with the 15% off again. Would have saved my wife from trying to figure out what to get me...just couldn't do it.
I'll probably get one as my free gift with my order from the other day anyway right?? Hahahahaha. With my luck they'll forget to put my 10.00 gift in the box.

In all seriousness after you use it please try and estimate how much time you think it would save over using a PC on an average size car. We both know with our backs the way they are a 10 -20% time savings would be huge.
Thanks

Forget the free $1000, I mean $10 gift..... Say it ain't SO!
Earlier this week I got an order that was SUPPOSED to have the 'free' $35 microfiber gift in it, NOPE, NADA, ZIP wasn't there. There is supposed to be yet *another* 'free' gift with this order as well. Whatcha' wanna' bet it'll be worth about $15 retail? :rolleyes:

Honestly Dave, I think it'll be enough of a time saver to be worth it. Seems I remember reading a couple years back where Mike (or somebody) said he saved something like 30~40 minutes on a complete buff job. What I'm looking for though is an alternative to using a rotary, yet has the best of both worlds.

For our "backs" though it may indeed be harder to operate. With all the talk of it 'walking' and having to get the hang of using it that has surely been why I waited so long to order one. It does seem to add a bit of torque to the upper body keeping it under control.

OTOH I was talking to Kevin (HateSwirls) on the phone yesterday and he said he was fighting with his new Flex for several hours, (thinking he was holding it perfectly flat) then all of a sudden everything just clicked, and it was totally smooth, just felt right.

So what I'm thinking is if you are used to a rotary, you are used to a bit of 'tilt' when running the unit. And as such the 'curve' as it may..... might be a bit harder. But if you've been using ANY unit from Rupes you already know/feel if it ain't flat.... it ain't turning. Guess we'll find out huh? :D

OTOH, CarMomma said she - WILL - NOT be using this machine! Doesn't trust herself with forced rotation. (Bad memories of hours spent rotary buffing aluminum and stainless tanks and toolboxes on my tow trucks in a past life.)

FUNX650
12-20-2014, 04:49 PM
Very Nice... :props:

The psychology of self-gifting:
Sometimes you've just got to give yourself
what you wish someone else would give you.

OK...Enough of me having an Oprah moment.

Happy Holidays!

Bob

DaveT435
12-20-2014, 05:12 PM
I have an order coming from the free microfiber also. Something was back ordered and it just got shipped so I'm sure they forgot about that one as well lol Oh well my luck is what it is.

I've run a rotary so know what you mean about the tilt. No Rupes, but with the PC if you don't keep it flat it quits spinning lol so I know how to keep the macine running flat.

HateSwirls
12-20-2014, 06:49 PM
Your going to love it Tony as I told you when we spoke.
Amazing correction abilities.

HateSwirls
12-20-2014, 06:51 PM
The Mini!!!??? Shut ur mouth!
CarMomma is gonna castrate me as it is! :laughing:

Might pick up another GG6 or a GG3 though. (Can get 30% off at Advance AP on the GG6. ;) But for some reason they won't apply the coupon code to the GG3.) :dunno:

Thanks brother!
I'll sure try and put it to good use.
Like maybe sanding myself a smooth floor in my doghouse so I can spread out all my microfibers and have a soft place to lay. :D :rolleyes:

The C7 was going to come Tuesday. But I've already been warned that I *WOULD NOT* be out in the garage Christmas eve and/or Christmas day working on it!!!![emoji33]

So I called the guy and told him not to bring it before Saturday. :rolleyes: (Although he's leaving it with me and won't be back in the country till the 14th.)

Adding to a various collection yes. But yeah.... it's my first Flex. I have a Rupes Duetto kit as well. (Remember when they first came out it was only available in the kit, w/pads, compound, polish, bag, apron, even sanding discs.) ;) Then of course there's my old friend the GG6. What a workhorse that puppy has been! :)

Splurged and went for the "deluxe" Flex bag with this one. Nick err Santa said it was on sale (and gave me a killer deal to boot). :D

Sure would be nice if they threw in a Flex apron!!!!! ;)

The GG3 may be small but I find it works great for me, love using to polish out wheels.

RPM_BR
12-20-2014, 07:40 PM
Great purchase, cardaddy, Santa wears red as flex does!
My Xmas came with british accent, I imported a Flex PE-14-2-150 from UK.
I didn't buy from AG because I like my tools running on 230V. Sorry Nick :).

cardaddy
12-30-2014, 02:22 AM
Great purchase, cardaddy, Santa wears red as flex does!
My Xmas came with british accent, I imported a Flex PE-14-2-150 from UK.
I didn't buy from AG because I like my tools running on 230V. Sorry Nick :).
Ah yes... Santa red. :)
Doesn't AG sell the 220v version?

I still can't make sense of the US 110V standard.:dunno: (When you consider that @ 220V you pull less amperage.)

Then again.... they WANTED to go with a DC current 'way back when'. :rolleyes: