PDA

View Full Version : Side window "smears"

Capn Blackie
12-19-2014, 10:24 AM
I have glass OCD, if it is supposed to be see through then I want to be able to see through it.

One of the thiings that get me is the smearing/marking that comes from the window seals in the top of the doors. You can clean a window inside and out and it will look perfect but over a few days of rolling the window up and down it starts showing lines that have to be recleaned.

I have also seen windows just get engraved with "permanant" lines from either the tracks or the seals constatly rubbing on the windows.

Is there a good way to clean and prep these seals to improve or eliminate this problem?

Paul A.
12-19-2014, 12:36 PM
Yes. I found cleaning the "seals" at the top of the door (bottom of the window) clears up the streaking and smearing that crud in them causes to be transferred onto the glass. I take a thin ruler and wrap a MF towel in it and use my favorite AIO to clean and preserve a bit.

glfnaz
12-19-2014, 05:00 PM
I did the same thing and it worked great. I also use Duragloss Rain Repel on the outsside glass now and it leaves a nice protective repellant on the glass. Nothing sticks to it. Just use it as a weekly window cleaner after washes.:iagree: