PDA

View Full Version : lexus is250 rims

asalesagent912
12-17-2014, 04:27 PM
so just curious what some of you guys think actually caused these rims to look like this.
First let me give you some info. This is an 08 lexus IS 250. it was brand new when my daughter got it. She had it for 4 years. she did wash it occasionally not as often as she should have. Didn't use any real harsh wheel cleaners on it. I bought it from her after 4 years and clean it every week and always on top of it. I have to say the brake dust is ridiculous.
It absolutely drives me nuts. I have owned alot of cars and never had one that threw out so much brake dust. my guess is that it is the brake dust or salt from the lousy winters here in new york. but want to get some other opinion on it. thanks. here are some pics

12-17-2014, 05:07 PM
wow thats nuts!

jamesboyy
12-17-2014, 11:41 PM
You can tell you stay on top of those wheels but no violation by any means but from cheap paint/paint process, new yorks extra salty roads and or not removeing/protecting the wheels from the harsh break dust efficiently could have caused your problem also the amount of heat these wheels encounter also is a factor

asalesagent912
12-18-2014, 11:11 PM
You can tell you stay on top of those wheels but no violation by any means but from cheap paint/paint process, new yorks extra salty roads and or not removeing/protecting the wheels from the harsh break dust efficiently could have caused your problem also the amount of heat these wheels encounter also is a factor
its just so weird how they are bubbling in spots. ill bet they got a crappy paint job. i never had a set wheels do this and i had cars for longer periods than this one

SYMAWD
12-18-2014, 11:33 PM
I see that on a lot of Toyota wheels, especially Siennas. Lexus probably uses the same manufacturer since they are Toyota.

asalesagent912
12-18-2014, 11:55 PM
I see that on a lot of Toyota wheels, especially Siennas. Lexus probably uses the same manufacturer since they are Toyota.
i have to tell u, i have a Toyota 4 runner. 03 and no issues with wheels. but again no brake dust either i really have to take a look at some other lexus and see if there wheels look like mine.