PDA

View Full Version : CG Fabric Clean vs Lightning Fast

Manix
12-17-2014, 02:26 PM
Hi guys , long time lurker here finally joined this forum definetly got me addicted :D

Now i want to buy one of these products in the title but cant decide.I always used Meguiars apc but want something different and sometimes it doesnt cut.

I had read that fabric clean foams more so it will be hard to use without extractor.(I dont have wet vac too just scrubbing brushes and lots of rags)Is it true? i will be using it for wipedowns more than spot cleaning but i have these too.What would you recommend?

Thanks in advance

Dereksdtail
12-17-2014, 04:24 PM
I have both, the fabric clean is ok but the lightning would be the way to go highly concentrated, less product and work involved for good results.

wdmaccord
12-17-2014, 07:13 PM
Fabric Clean I wouldn't recommend for something you can't hose off. It foams too much. I only use it now for floor mats that I can hose off after cleaning. Then I use the extractor to suck out the remaining rinse water then air dry. Fabric Clean DOES clean very well, but the extra time I was using to try and fully rinse the fabric with the extractor...was time I could be using on the next detail step.

Lightning Fast I would use for upholstery and interior carpets. Or Folex.

swanicyouth
12-17-2014, 07:24 PM
Folex.

No brainer.

AutowerxDetailing
12-17-2014, 11:18 PM
Fabric Clean I wouldn't recommend for something you can't hose off. It foams too much.

This is why I stopped using it. Ain't nobody got time for dat!

jamesboyy
12-17-2014, 11:24 PM
Welcome to autogeek, though another vote for folex you can find it locally at home depot or lowes

dcjredline
12-18-2014, 01:21 AM
I tried both FC and LF and I personally liked the cleaning power of Fabric Clean more. Now Folex is something that has replaced BOTH.

Manix
12-18-2014, 04:20 AM
Thanks for the replies ,sadly we dont have Folex here so i will try the lightning fast

KMdef9
12-18-2014, 05:48 AM
I have both as well.

Fabric Clean works, but I haven't used it on very dirty carpets. Only used it at recommend dilution. I'd imagine at higher concentration, it would foam worse.

Lightning Fast works on everything thing I've put it up against.

tpr1634
12-18-2014, 06:27 AM
I have both, I vote neither...........look else where...............