PDA

View Full Version : Flex 3401

RedFlash
12-17-2014, 01:52 PM
I have been using a Porter Cable for some time but was no that happy with the results. After a lot of research I bought the Flex 3401 with wolfgang products and lake county pads. I buffed my 2008 Mini Cooper that was full of swirl marks and scratches and as blown away with the results. The kit came with uber but I also bought swirl remover which is all i needed. I want to thank Mike Phillips for all the instructional videos and help in the forum.

Jpatchley
12-17-2014, 02:27 PM
Do you have any pics?

Kamakaz1961
12-17-2014, 02:42 PM
Welcome to the Flex Force!! Big difference...huh? Try out the Lake Country Backing Plates with the 5" Hybrid pads and 6.5" pads. You will notice even better and faster results!

I converted my PC7424XP into a 3" DA with extensions. Works great! It is also a great back-up too!

Please show pics!

JamesBCo6
12-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Welcome to the Flex Force!! Big difference...huh? Try out the Lake Country Backing Plates with the 5" Hybrid pads and 6.5" pads. You will notice even better and faster results!

I converted my PC7424XP into a 3" DA with extensions. Works great! It is also a great back-up too!

Please show pics!

Whats your PC set up look like for the extensions. I have 3" backing plate and pads coming for Christmas for my PC. Is it necessary to use extensions?

Garyhw48
12-17-2014, 04:10 PM
Congratulations!

IMO you now own the finest DA polisher available. It amazes me each time I use it.

There has been a lot posted here about which pads work the best. I have some of every pad line that AG sells and the Flex works with all of them.

Maybe some are a little better than others but they all work fine.

When you have the chance get the LC backing plate system and the Purple Wool Foam 4" pad. Try it on paint in bad shape. You won't believe what that combo can do and how fast it will do it. Just keep the Flex moving with this combo.

Kamakaz1961
12-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Whats your PC set up look like for the extensions. I have 3" backing plate and pads coming for Christmas for my PC. Is it necessary to use extensions?

No I just set mine up that way. I use the Buff & Shine 5/8 extenders and an adapter for the backing plate. I use the 2 7/8 backing plate from the LC Rotary. I also have a 2 7/8 backing plate for the DA.

Either way with or without the extension is fine. No need to get a 3" DA. The good thing the PC 7424 XP is way more versatile than a 3" dedicated DA.

Great choice of a DA too!!....:props:

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-17-2014, 11:55 PM
Welcome to AGO!

Congrats on the Flex! Let's see some pics of the Mini

JMP
12-18-2014, 12:18 AM
I used the PC for the first year... Moved to the Flex 3401 and Rupes 75,,, all of Mike's book's (?) Great results...My wife tells me I am hired...( one customer at least....

hoyt66
12-18-2014, 05:08 AM
Definitely my favorite polisher. I have a PC but can see a Flex in the next year...I hope:dblthumb2:

Mike Phillips
12-18-2014, 08:44 AM
I have been using a Porter Cable for some time but was no that happy with the results. After a lot of research I bought the Flex 3401 with Wolfgang products and lake county pads.

Congratulations on a very well-built tool that will work as hard as you want it to...

I want to thank Mike Phillips for all the instructional videos and help in the forum.

You're very welcome... and I'm sure you'll find the members on this forum very helpful for any detailing project you undertake.

:xyxthumbs:

Mach1USMC
12-28-2014, 08:24 PM
I did the same thing last year when I bought my 3401 - I retired my PC to interior work only. A couple months ago (after watching a couple of Mikes videos) I added a PE-14 to my arsenal. I'm so happy and impressed with the Flex "twins" that I'm also looking at the PE8 for tight spaces. Flex has the best tools in detailing IMO.