PDA

View Full Version : 8 Detailers Needed - Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach, FL - April 13th to the 19th

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mike Phillips
12-17-2014, 11:26 AM
8 Detailers Needed - Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach, FL - April 13th to the 19th (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/87625-8-detailers-needed-barrett-jackson-palm-beach-fl-april-13th-19th.html)

Here's the deal...

Mother's needs two teams of people to help clean and show case the cars at this year's Barrett-Jackson Auction in West Palm Beach, Florida.

The two teams needed are,

Team 1
5 positions
Dates = April 13th to the 18th

The first team needs to be made up of people proficient and experienced with machine polishing as you're going to be part of the detailing team.

Experience and skill requirements
You need to be experienced and proficient at machine buffing paint including being able to use, Rotary Buffers, Flex 3401 and Porter Cable style dual action polishers.

Team 2
3 positions
Dates = April 17th, 18th & 19th

The second team will not be detailing cars in the sense of machine buffing paint but in the sense of working on the stage wiping the cars down to make sure they look clean and shiny.

Experience and skill requirements
This team of people needs to be proficient in the skill of touching paint as I often call it. That is able to spray on Mothers Showtime Instant Detailer and then carefully and expertly wipe the spray detailer off to leave a streak-free, high shine finish. And keep in mind you're not working on grocery getters, you're working on the cream of the crop, like show cars including antiques, classics, streetrods and muscle cars.

Below are other criteria necessary to be part of the team.

Global requirements for either team
Everyone that is selected must have a strong work ethic as each position is fast paced and don't kid yourself, this is hard work, not simply hanging out at a car show. So keep this in mind if you want to apply for one of these positions and be part of the Mothers Detailing Team.

Personality Requirements
As a part of the Mothers team you will be representing one of the biggest names in the car appearance market. As such, you need to have a friendly smiling personality and be able to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times under all circumstances. This is a work environment where the customer and in this case, the public is always right no matter what is happening or what issues may arise. In other words, you need the same personality required to work for Disney to be a part of this team. So take a self inventory check up and be true to thy own self as well as to Mothers.

Team Meeting at Autogeek's 10th Annual Detail Fest
There will be a team meeting at Detail Fest with Mothers for everyone that makes the cut. Detail Fest is Saturday March 21st and Sunday March 22nd

Compensation
Besides the bragging rights that go with being a part of Mothers Detailing Team and if you really shine and stand out you never know what else might be offered to you in the future, team members will be compensated based upon experience.

Parking Passes, Meals and Mothers Uniform Shirts plus all neccassary equipment will also be provided.

If you're interested then reply to this thread.

Good luck to all!

:)

SSTG
12-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Great opportunity! I wished I lived closer.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
12-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Whoa, awesome opportunity. I'm interested and wouldn't mind taking another trip down to FL.

What's enough experience? 2-3 years of detailing, polishing and business experience?

forrest@mothers
12-17-2014, 12:40 PM
Whoa, awesome opportunity. I'm interested and wouldn't mind taking another trip down to FL.

What's enough experience? 2-3 years of detailing, polishing and business experience?

Experience isn't defined by years, it's defined by ability. if you'd PM me some links to recent work, I'd be glad to have our rig folks take a look.

beenen
12-17-2014, 12:42 PM
interested

Audios S6
12-17-2014, 12:57 PM
If only my family vacation was planned for a month earlier, then I could spend it away from the family detailing cars.

This is an awesome opportunity for some really lucky folks. I'm pretty sure this would qualify as a resume builder even for the highly experienced.

Dr_Pain
12-17-2014, 02:08 PM
I think we should crash at Mike's house!!!! (not even sure if its close). I would love to be able to attend but work, work, work and some more work!!

HUMP DIESEL
12-17-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm interested and will be at Detail Fest!

HUMP

van185
12-17-2014, 07:35 PM
Myself and my partner in our detailing business are both interested if we can work out the dates. Sounds like a great opperitunity, but would be long hard days. I've watched the auction several times.

johnpingol
12-17-2014, 08:23 PM
I am interested and live in Palm Beach County FL.

pikiki
12-17-2014, 08:52 PM
I am really interested in be part of such amazing opportunity!!!
and I am local from FL!!!!

campngolf
12-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Wow. That's a very cool opportunity. Wish I was closer. Perhaps for the Reno Barrett-Jackson next year?

Chase.Detailing
12-17-2014, 09:31 PM
Interested but would like a little more info!

Corey@OptimalDetailing
12-17-2014, 09:52 PM
If I were closer I'd be interested, that will be an awesome opportunity for some of the locals!!

Jeff Wagner
12-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Interested put my name in the hat
https://www.facebook.com/ArtistryAutoDetailing
Artistry Auto Detailing (http://www.artistryautodetailing.com/artistry-auto-detailing.html)