PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys QD Quick Detailer +

DC6079
12-17-2014, 02:08 AM
Bit of a newbie question, I have recently bought a Gallon of the Poorboys world QD + and have not got round to using it yet, though I have opened it and had a sniff at it. Mm mm yummy, smells great, or at least it does to my nose, I know it's primary use is external paint but I was wondering if it is any good on dash and internal plastics. It's got wax in it according to the blurb and I'm a bit concerned that wouldn't be a good thing on a textured dash such as in my VW Golf,
Is it good for this application? The smell would be nice.
Dave

FUNX650
12-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Since you really enjoy this product's aroma; and, instead of taking any chances (no matter how small the risks may seem) using it anywhere on your VW's cabin appointments:

-Obtain a container such as the one pictured below.
-Remove lid
-Punch a few holes in the lid (think: "lightening bugs").
-Insert a cut-to-size sponge, or other absorbent material.
-Pour an adequate amount of this product into the container.
-Replace lid.
-Place container under the vehicle's seat (or cabin area of choice)...for:

Voila!!
"Poorboys QD Quick Detailer +"...Air Freshener.

Note:
Replenish as needed.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/image758.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/88667)

Bob

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
12-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Bob's got a good idea for the interior smell haha

The scent is mango if you find a comparable smell in an air freshener =)

I would stay away from spraying it on the inside of the vehicle. I only use Spray and Wipe on the inside and outside as there is nothing left behind like the wax in QD+. It should not do harm but I advise against it =)

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
12-17-2014, 05:30 PM
Since you really enjoy this product's aroma; and, instead of taking any chances (no matter how small the risks may seem) using it anywhere on your VW's cabin appointments:

-Obtain a container such as the one pictured below.
-Remove lid
-Punch a few holes in the lid (think: "lightening bugs").
-Insert a cut-to-size sponge, or other absorbent material.
-Pour an adequate amount of this product into the container.
-Replace lid.
-Place container under the vehicle's seat (or cabin area of choice)...for:

Voila!!
"Poorboys QD Quick Detailer +"...Air Freshener.

Note:
Replenish as needed.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/image758.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/88667)

Bob

I might try this on my Roommates car, but use Iron X instead. He likes to prank me, your idea could be a pretty decent prank.

FUNX650
12-17-2014, 05:32 PM
I might try this on my Roommates car, but use Iron X instead. He likes to prank me, your idea could be a pretty decent prank.
^^^Go for it!! :Picture: ^^^

Bob

Ebg18t
12-17-2014, 06:28 PM

The Sonax Wheel Cleaner also smells like @ss.

EVOlved
12-17-2014, 06:30 PM
The Sonax Wheel Cleaner also smells like @ss.

Iron-X takes the cake here sorry.

DC6079
12-18-2014, 04:26 AM
Thanks guys, that's some good advice and top tip as well, I will steer clear of using it inside, I've got one of those 'California scents ' air freshener cans in the car at the moment, when that's dried out guess what's going in.
I don't know who comes up with the names for these products, the last mango I ate didn't smell like the Poorboys QD, I couldn't have guessed that in a million years, but interesting to note.
Thanks again

DC6079
12-18-2014, 12:13 PM
If you fancy a prank here's one I did to my son in law, I assume you have those stick on security labels department stores have stuck on items to fight against shop lifting? Well I was in my local motorbike dealers and he had a strip of them he was putting on items, so I asked him for a few, which he kindly gave me, they need to be unused because that machine at the till they swipe them over disables them,
I stuck them on the inside of various coats of his.
It was a few months later when I heard how he had gone on. Lol, he got pulled to one side twice during shopping trips.. Oh how i larfed.. He didn't think it was as funny as I did.
Mind you neither did my daughter come to think of it.
I'm still waiting for their revenge prank.
It amused my little childish mind. Lol