PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Porter Cable 7424XP

Lanny
12-16-2014, 06:42 PM
My polisher quit (PC model 7424XP). I read on the forum that the speed selector was a problem so, I replaced it, the new one ohms out just like the old one, open in all positions except one so I, just put in in the one position that I can get continuity through.

I can get continuity from the plug through the speed selector and yellow wire to where it plugs into the back of the motor housing. I also get continuity from the yellow wire to the closest white wire which goes to on of the brushes. On the black wire I can get continuity from the plug through the power cord an switch all the way to where the black wire plugs into the back of the motor housing. I would think this should feed the other brush but I get no continuity from the black wire at the motor housing to the white wire going to the other brush. Does anyone know if I should have continuity?

If this is where the problem is how do I fix it? Is this part of the brush ring?

Thanks, I hope you can follow my explanation.

FUNX650
12-16-2014, 06:49 PM
Possible "carbon build-up"?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/65674-porter-cable-internal-switch-repair-guide.html

Bob

2012LEGACY
03-04-2015, 11:00 PM
the instruction manual says how to pick your extension cord, a certain gauge for a certain length. the wrong combo can burn it up. could this have been your issue?