PDA

View Full Version : Fabric / Carpet protector

Pages : [1] 2

Gnyc73
12-16-2014, 03:09 AM
What is the absolute best carpet and fabric protector. I am looking at Cquartz fabric coat, gtechniq i1, dupont teflon and 303 fabric guard.

First I wanted to use 303 fabric guard but I heard it doesn't last as long as some high end products.

I also don't want a product the will make my carpet tough or sticky.

spewking
12-16-2014, 04:40 AM
303 has been my choice. Great longevity...1-2 years per application. Liquids spilled bead on carpet like a great LSP on paint. Cleanup a breeze and no stains.
I have not used the others you mentioned, but the 303 is perhaps one of the most amazing products I have come across.

tpr1634
12-16-2014, 06:26 AM

Ebg18t
12-16-2014, 06:34 AM
303 is easy to use and cost effective.

Pureshine
12-17-2014, 01:31 AM
Carpros fabric coating nothing better.

MattPersman
12-17-2014, 05:25 AM
It would be nice if there was a good comparison testing or two between several of these

I bought the gtechniq when I got my new car in July. The videos and reviews i could find were good. It is a costly product though.

FUNX650
12-17-2014, 12:53 PM
What is the absolute best carpet and fabric protector.
The absolute best? Going to be difficult to pin that down to just one product. Vehicles' carpeting/fabrics are manufactured from many different types of materials.

However:
There are some really good carpet/fabric protectors for the vast majority of them. (See below)

First I wanted to use 303 fabric guard but I heard it doesn't last as long as some high end products.
I consider 303 Fabric Guard both an excellent carpet/fabric protector...and a "high end" product.

Also...IMO:
Here's another excellent carpet/fabric protector:
3M Scotchgard Carpet and Upholstery Protector

It's Environmentally Friendly:
No longer contains Perfluorooctanyl (PFOS) chemical
compounds in the formula.

Bob

Dr_Pain
12-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Carpros fabric coating nothing better.

+1 :whs:

FishyX
12-18-2014, 10:00 PM
303 has been my choice. Great longevity...1-2 years per application. Liquids spilled bead on carpet like a great LSP on paint. Cleanup a breeze and no stains.
I have not used the others you mentioned, but the 303 is perhaps one of the most amazing products I have come across.

I'm over two years and my cloth seats still bead water!!!! You would think it would wear out pretty quick on a seating surface.

Gnyc73
12-21-2014, 03:28 AM
I have tested all three products ( 303, cquartz, and gtechniq )'on a bed sheet in taped off sections for each product. It seems gtechniq was the most impressive. 303 was not far behind.

I also tested all three products on three identical carpet samples. When pepsi soda was added to 303 FB it soaked it all up! Gtechniq was the best The added soda did bead up and it soaked up very little. . Cquartz fabric and leather coat came in second , it did bead up but it still soaked up much more than gtechnig. I can make a video if anyone disagrees. Also both tests were done with ONE good coat of each product.

Gnyc73
12-21-2014, 03:35 AM
I guess gtechniq would be best considering price. Cquartz is double the price of gtechniq and 5 times the price of 303. Not worth it in my opinion.

Pureshine
12-21-2014, 09:14 PM
I have tested all three products ( 303, cquartz, and gtechniq )'on a bed sheet in taped off sections for each product. It seems gtechniq was the most impressive. 303 was not far behind.

I also tested all three products on three identical carpet samples. When pepsi soda was added to 303 FB it soaked it all up! Gtechniq was the best The added soda did bead up and it soaked up very little. . Cquartz fabric and leather coat came in second , it did bead up but it still soaked up much more than gtechnig. I can make a video if anyone disagrees. Also both tests were done with ONE good coat of each product.

If you used cquatrz fabric and it soaked in anything you didn't apply it right. I've been using for awhile and I've never had anything soak into a floor matt or carpet. With all these products application is everything.

Gnyc73
12-23-2014, 02:40 AM

I was hoping for better results withthe Cquartz. How do you apply it?

If you used cquatrz fabric and it soaked in anything you didn't apply it right. I've been using for awhile and I've never had anything soak into a floor matt or carpet. With all these products application is everything.

goldenlight
12-23-2014, 11:27 AM
the most cost affective solution with be the 303 fabric guard.. I decided to to get the gallon. I used this product on my Tennis shoes.

goldenlight
12-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Gtechniq is nice. Just don't have money to burn like that