PDA

View Full Version : How to use clay towel with out acessable hose?

94LT1
12-15-2014, 09:58 PM
With winter here in pittsburgh I have a 2 car garage but its tight and I dont have a drain in the floor.i have acess to a spray/wash car wash and i bring 2 buckets with gamma seal lids with soap and wash mit which I use for heavily soild cars and once i bring it home I go back over the car with ONR rinseless wash. I really enjoy claying with the clay towel because of the time savings but I dont know what else I could do to remove contaminates from the towel before using it on the next panel.any recommendations?

Setec Astronomy
12-15-2014, 10:01 PM
Um...dunk it in a bucket of ONR? Bring it inside and wash it off in the sink?

allenk4
12-15-2014, 10:06 PM
I do not clean my Speedy Prep Towel unless I drop it

94LT1
12-15-2014, 10:11 PM

The vehicle is rinseless washed inside my garage.i didnt no if just dunking the towel would be enough to remove contaminants?

94LT1
12-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Anyone have experience with using a clay towel with out a hose?

frankprozzoly
12-16-2014, 06:51 PM

I have a rag in the bucket and wipe it down. I have the sponges. I think they're made from same material

frankprozzoly
12-16-2014, 06:52 PM
Oh, I just wipe it down in a bucket of water. I thought that's all that's required

Flex3k
12-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Anyone have experience with using a clay towel with out a hose?

i dont use a clay towel as the towels i have used seem to cause alot of marring on the paint i have and still use the nano skin autoscrub mitt it seems like the same but i havent had that much marring on the paint as with the other products on the market as far as keeping it clean i normally wash it off every now and then i use blackfire clay cleaner and extender when you use it i do not use alot maybe 2 sprays on the mitt or towel work it in quickly and rinse it off quickly good luck

frankprozzoly
12-16-2014, 07:12 PM
I have the nano skin sponges. I don't know the difference between that and clay towel

94LT1
12-16-2014, 08:53 PM
i dont use a clay towel as the towels i have used seem to cause alot of marring on the paint i have and still use the nano skin autoscrub mitt it seems like the same but i havent had that much marring on the paint as with the other products on the market as far as keeping it clean i normally wash it off every now and then i use blackfire clay cleaner and extender when you use it i do not use alot maybe 2 sprays on the mitt or towel work it in quickly and rinse it off quickly good luck

The clay towel is made by speedy prep.it save time and I use it before polishing so marring the paint isnt that much of a concern.i am more worried about removing contaminants with the towel.so dunking the towel in a bucket water after each panel should be enough?

Ebg18t
12-17-2014, 06:37 AM
I use the Nano Clay sponges. I usually just keep dipping the sponge in the ONR water to keep the surface wet. I keep a MF handy to keep from all the ONR water from dripping on the floor. I 'imagine' your towel could function the same way.