PDA

View Full Version : VX5000 Question

AustrianOak82
12-14-2014, 08:19 PM
For those of you that use the VX 5000, how long do you wait before refilling it and using it again (after round 1)?

I used another brand before making the switch to the VX and I had a lot more to do when it ran out. I can't wait to use it bit the wife is making me wait until Christmas.

AustrianOak82
12-17-2014, 08:25 PM
Anyone?

FPEvo
12-17-2014, 11:04 PM
If it needs more water I usually just let all the pressure out through the nozzle, add more water, then turn it right back on and let it build pressure till the steam light comes on.

You'll see when you start playing with it. When you first get it, add water and put the cap on snug, but don't get crazy with it. Turn on the broiler, let it build pressure till the steamlight comes on. Then push the button for steam. On the wand, put both switches down, you'll get some water and it'll spudder slightly. After you have steam, tune off the wand switches. Let the unit build pressure again and you're ready.

JMP
12-18-2014, 12:12 AM
Follow manufacture's directions... Turn off.... Let pressure out and refill and reheat ..

AustrianOak82
12-18-2014, 07:03 AM
Follow manufacture's directions... Turn off.... Let pressure out and refill and reheat ..

Obviously. I was under the impression once it ran out, you had to let it cool down completely before refilling and starting again. I am guessing this isn't the case? I havent busted it out yet, so I haven't had a chance to go through everything. I was wondering for when I would have back to back jobs to do.

HUMP DIESEL
12-18-2014, 07:47 AM
No, it's the pressure that has to be let out and it should come back up faster since the unit is warmed up already.

I love mine, wouldnt be without it. That being said, there is another unit I would love to get my hands on, but the price is up there.

HUMP