PDA

View Full Version : What is AVerage Life of Force Rotation DA Polishers

goldenlight
12-14-2014, 06:03 PM
Example Flex and Rupes.. These polisher are expensive. Im hopping these things last.

SYMAWD
12-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Rupes is not forced rotation.

Kamakaz1961
12-14-2014, 06:34 PM
The Flex 3401 VRG is the only "Forced Rotation" DA on the market that I know of. That being said, I have had mine for over 2 years and have had no issues whatsoever. It is a very strong machine.

It is made in Germany (very good quality) so I am assuming it will last quite a long time. So far mine is still running strong. The Flex is expensive, however, less than the Rupes and IMO the Flex is a better DA.

If you are looking at the Flex I would not hesitate to pull the trigger on getting one.

VISITOR
12-14-2014, 07:10 PM
you're comparing two different animals here. both are very capable machines and it comes down to what suits your needs. the flex build quality is IMO better and built like a tank. if you purchase the LC interchangeable backing plate system with the included 4" and 6" plates, you can run 4" pads on up (more versatile), and since it's forced rotation that means it will not stop unlike traditional style DA's. the flex 3401vrg has been the same since it was introduced nearly ten years ago and the only thing that was different is it came with a 6" stock backing plate for the first year or two instead of the 5.5" one it comes with now. here's a video for comparison and if you notice in the video that renny has beaten the living daylights out of it (he does this for a living and it's probably seen over 1000's of details) and it still has been faithful to him. try both if possible and see which suits your need and feels better in your hands. what might be right for one, may not be for another...

Rupes 21 polisher vs Flex 3401 polisher - YouTube

if you do not want to buy the latest & greatest machines (yeah, it's hard because we all are nuts!) out and want to keep it basic, either the flex and/or the GG6 would be perfect. there's really nothing much both of those can't handle nowadays...

swanicyouth
12-14-2014, 07:12 PM
They pretty much will last until they break.

dlc95
12-14-2014, 07:26 PM
you're comparing two different animals here. both are very capable machines and it comes down to what suits your needs. the flex build quality is IMO better and built like a tank. if you purchase the LC interchangeable backing plate system with the included 4" and 6" plates, you can run 4" pads on up (more versatile), and since it's forced rotation that means it will not stop unlike traditional style DA's. the flex 3401vrg has been the same since it was introduced nearly ten years ago and the only thing that was different is it came with a 6" stock backing plate for the first year or two instead of the 5.5" one it comes with now. here's a video for comparison and if you notice in the video that renny has beaten the living daylights out of it (he does this for a living and it's probably seen over 1000's of details) and it still has been faithful to him. try both if possible and see which suits your need and feels better in your hands. what might be right for one, may not be for another...

Rupes 21 polisher vs Flex 3401 polisher - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdXhKZbftig)

if you do not want to buy the latest & greatest machines (yeah, it's hard because we all are nuts!) out and want to keep it basic, either the flex and/or the GG6 would be perfect. there's really nothing much both of those can't handle nowadays...

Totally beaten the daylights out of it.

It's a testament to how well those machines are built.

FUNX650
12-14-2014, 09:33 PM
Instead of the "average life"...
How about the warranty period?

For the Flex 3401VRG:

FLEX North America Limited ONE YEAR WARRANTY

FLEX North America warrants its Professional Power Tools for a period of one year from the date of original purchase. The PLW923S Air Stone Sander/Polisher has a 90 Day manufacturers warranty. Pneumatic tools carry a 90 day warranty from the date of purchase. We will repair or replace at our option, any part or parts of the product and accessories covered under this warranty, which after examination, proves to be defective in workmanship or material during the warranty period. For repair or replacement, return the complete tool or accessory, transportation prepaid, to your nearest Authorized Service Station. Proof of purchase may be required. This warranty does not apply to o-rings and driver blades, or to repair or replacement due to misuse, abuse, use of electrical converters,normal wear and tear or repairs attempted or made by someone other than our Authorized Service Stations.

ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WILL LAST ONLY FOR ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE.

For the RUPES (corded only):

Please note the LHR-21ES, LHR-15ES, LHR-12E Duetto, and LHR-75E Mini comes with a one year warranty when used exclusively with genuine RUPES Bigfoot accessories.

Bob

TundraPower
12-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Not a bad question. I don't have a concrete answer, but I can tell you my Rupes 21 was one of the first available, and it has literally hundreds of polishing hours on it. Rupes 15 is not nearly as tough in my experience. Mine has been rewired at the plug twice. Rupes Mini has stood up to some might long days. Rupes Duetto? No problems so far but not enough hours in to say either way. I do not care for Flex forced rotation so I cannot say but that's just me. Flex has many devoted followers.

Setec Astronomy
12-14-2014, 09:51 PM
They pretty much will last until they break.

:iagree: