PDA

View Full Version : Which Lasts Longer in Your Experience?

Belphegor
12-13-2014, 05:59 PM
I have:

Optimum Spray Car Wax
Optimum Opti-Seal
Meguiar's NXT 2.0
Meguiar's White Paste Wax
Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus Liquid Wax

I'm going to hand polish my clear coated aluminum wheels with M205, then wax or seal them. Which would choose for longevity?

Thanks!

spiralout462
12-13-2014, 06:34 PM
None of those will last long on wheels, especially in the Winter. That being said, to answer your question, I would guess that Opti-Seal or NXT might give you the best chance at more than a week of protection.

Belphegor
12-13-2014, 06:54 PM
Note, I live below the snow belt. Salt and brine aren't an issue. I guess a better question would be, which of those I listed lasts longer in general?

None of those will last long on wheels, especially in the Winter. That being said, to answer your question, I would guess that Opti-Seal or NXT might give you the best chance at more than a week of protection.

Thanks, I was leaning toward either of those two.

FUNX650
12-13-2014, 07:01 PM
Of the ones you've listed:

I'll suggest Opti-Seal as the Sealant.
Thereafter, (post car-wash/wheel-cleaning session)...
I'll suggest using Optimum Car Wax...what with its patented UV-protection, et al.

It has also been stated that Optimum Car Wax will penetrate down through its Optimum "cousins", clear down to the substrate. In this case it would be the wheels' CC---a good thing, IMO.

Bob

RTexasF
12-13-2014, 07:01 PM
I would choose opti seal with the spray wax as a close second. Neither is a long term solution but they do work well.

Blade
12-13-2014, 07:47 PM
I've tried all of the above except the White Wax. The Opti-Seal lasted the longest at about 3 months on me - but we hardly get snow and salt here, it's mostly the rain, that incessant misty driving Pacific NW rain that lasts forever.

Optimum Car Wax will last about 6 weeks here before I feel the urge to put another layer on. Meg's NXT 2.0 and GC wax a little less, but honestly this was years ago when I last tried them, so the products could be different these days.

I judge how they "last" by the quality of the beading, not that it's beading or not. And with the constant rain, I can make this determination almost everyday. :)

As I always say, your mileage may vary.

Belphegor
12-14-2014, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the input gentleman, you've been helpful!