PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao

Pages : [1] 2

VISITOR
12-12-2014, 08:57 PM
If they were to fight sometime in 2015 or near future (hopefully soon they aren't getting any younger), who do you think would win? No need to explain if you do not wish to, choose either.. A or B

A. Manny Pacquiao

B. Floyd Mayweather

Kamakaz1961
12-12-2014, 09:03 PM
B. Floyd Mayweather and by far. Floyd Mayweather is greased lightning! Manny is starting to slow down a little. I think it would go to a decision too.

Floyd is still incredibly fast. He is not a knock out artist but a boxing machine.

My tune would be different if this was 5 years ago.

thebamboo23
12-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Hmm...

I'd go with Floyd.

His defense is amazing

allenk4
12-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Rhonda Rousey by arm bar

12-12-2014, 09:28 PM
mayweather - very hard to hit!

JHL88
12-12-2014, 09:48 PM
mayweather should try his luck in MMA...

Rez90
12-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Mayweather would only fight Pacquiao if he was passed his prime and he knew he would win.

so at this point...i'm going to go with Mayweather.

He's a piece of Sh*t human being though.

VISITOR
12-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Mayweather would only fight Pacquiao if he was passed his prime and he knew he would win.

so at this point...i'm going to go with Mayweather.

He's a piece of Sh*t human being though.

the thing is and he knows that this could fight (if it ever happens) could blemish his record and he might as well get as much $$$,$$$,$$$ as he can so it would be worth it and with a re-match clause just in case he loses. obviously one of them is going to lose and if the first fight is a 60/40 split (for example) then re-match should be the other way around for the next fight...

thebamboo23
12-12-2014, 11:29 PM
mayweather should try his luck in MMA...

Hmm... why should he?

No boxer would stand a chance in mma

StangFan25
12-12-2014, 11:41 PM
C: Who cares. The demand for this fight is 2 years too late. Manny was overrated and Floyd is past his prime.

Rmd
12-13-2014, 04:17 AM
Mayweather. Pacquiao isn't the hitter he once was, and Money's defense would be insurmountable. I doubt this would be a $100M fight. 3 yrs ago, definitely, but not now.

As for the MMA comment, what would be in that for Money? He probably pulls $20-30M per fight and no promoter pays that kind of cash in MMA. Dana White wouldn't for sure. There are some MMA guys who could box at a pro level, Vitor Belfort was successful in both sports, but a true boxer without ground skills would not do well in MMA. (Except maybe Tyson in his prime, but only if you let him fight dirty).

JSou
12-13-2014, 05:02 AM
Mayweather.

His Defense is incredible. Sticks and moves. Some people cry about him running all of the time but I don't believe those viewers understand the concept of boxing. The sport these two men participate in isn't called brawling.

Sure slugfests are fun to watch but these men are risking their lives and health each time they step into the ring. Some argue that it's about testing your chin and having heart.

Heart doesn't fix brain damage...

LRC3
12-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Mayweather.

Boxing is a art, a skill, objective is to hit and not be hit. That's Mayweather all day and TWICE on Sunday. People don't like his style, which is understandable, his fights DO get boring, with a capital B. But is a winning combination to say the least.

Is Mayweather an AZZ, yeah but that has NOTHING to do with boxing. Watching dude run 10miles at 3am is insane, esp followed by a Rolls Royce. You can't knock the dudes hussle, detication to his craft, or skill.

With all that being said Pacman can finish this fight with ONE punch. He's a dangerous man.

Mayweather is one of greatest BOXERS of our time, him and Ali. Those to cats can slip anybodies punch.

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I'm talking about boxing, not punching. That's a differnent subject.

taters
12-17-2014, 10:35 PM
Probably mayweather. Manny has slowed down. But NEVER forget
Mayweather ducked him 5 years ago out of one thing. FEAR
He was just plain afraid of manny and he was right to be afraid. Manny would have beat him then.

JMP
12-17-2014, 11:46 PM
May have missed the info... When is the fight?????