PDA

View Full Version : GG6 bail handle - yes/no

Pages : [1] 2

builthatch
12-12-2014, 05:57 PM
never used a handle on the older style short case PC DAs. i'd remove the handle and screws from new, put it in the box and never use it again. in fact the only thing i have a handle on is my Makita.

i just got a GG6 and the first thing i did was remove the handle and screws, haha.

however, this thing seems "tail heavy" and just generally more cumbersome. haven't used it yet but i'm just guessing from holding it.

what's everyone's preference with it?

whavens
12-12-2014, 06:03 PM
I have only used mine with the bail handle on. So I can't give you much feedback on one way versus the other. I will say though, that I almost always use the handle when I am using it.

Dereksdtail
12-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Without, once you get used to using it, you'll learn to balance it's weight

builthatch
12-12-2014, 06:25 PM
I have only used mine with the bail handle on. So I can't give you much feedback on one way versus the other. I will say though, that I almost always use the handle when I am using it.

Without, once you get used to using it, you'll learn to balance it's weight

thanks dudes.

i'll try it without and see how things go. i think i'm just so used to the little DA.

Finemess
12-12-2014, 06:28 PM
No handle here.

builthatch
12-12-2014, 06:32 PM
oh i didn't specifically mention, it's the gen 3 or whatever - the newest version with the integrated rubber piece on top.

FUNX650
12-12-2014, 08:28 PM
oh i didn't specifically mention, it's the gen 3 or whatever - the newest version with the integrated rubber piece on top.
Haven't yet had the opportunity to use the GG 6" Gen. III.

But knowing me:
I'd probably leave the bail handle off...unless: the "style" of the rubberized palm grip begins to become too uncomfortable while not wearing vibration reducing gloves.

BTW:
What's the verdict on this unit's built-in "finger grip notch":
Ergonomic; or no?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/image744.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/88328)

Bob

VISITOR
12-12-2014, 08:32 PM
as soon as i got mine i took it off...

Dereksdtail
12-12-2014, 08:37 PM
The gg6 vibration isn't bad at all, it's just a bit loud

Klasse Act
12-12-2014, 09:59 PM
I took it off and never looked back! IMO too much of the torque goes through the handle, thus making less torque, if this makes any sense.

ski2
12-12-2014, 11:46 PM
Found that with the handle on it was too easy to put uneven pressure on the pad. Took it off and have never put if back on.

builthatch
12-13-2014, 01:15 AM
thanks all. need to figure out a reason to use it and see how it feels!

Angus
12-13-2014, 05:32 AM
thanks all. need to figure out a reason to use it and see how it feels!

I took my GG Gen 2 handle off over the summer and doubt I'll ever put it back on. :dblthumb2:

swanicyouth
12-13-2014, 09:52 AM
I'm the lone dissenter here. I leave the handle on. I don't really use it as designed, but kind of use it to wedge my hand around the head when polishing vertical panels. It seems to weigh almost nothing and doesn't really get in the way - so I just always left it there.

It also makes the machine a bit more stable when you need to sit it down and rest it on a surface upside down.

trashmanssd
12-13-2014, 10:02 AM
I'm the lone dissenter here. I leave the handle on. I don't really use it as designed, but kind of use it to wedge my hand around the head when polishing vertical panels. It seems to weigh almost nothing and doesn't really get in the way - so I just always left it there.

It also makes the machine a bit more stable when you need to sit it down and rest it on a surface upside down.

that's why I like it, you can place the machine down nice and stable with no pad touching the ground or where ever you need to place it while working.