PDA

View Full Version : California duster

Pages : [1] 2

ynkjeter
06-15-2006, 05:41 PM
I love this thing, but it leaves wierd little streaks on my car. Any way to avoid these annoying (but removable) streaks? I've heard just using the duster over and over, and it will eventually stop.

BILL
06-15-2006, 05:51 PM
I love this thing, but it leaves wierd little streaks on my car. Any way to avoid these annoying (but removable) streaks? I've heard just using the duster over and over, and it will eventually stop.

I HAVE 2........ I never washed. and streaks may disappear in time
How old is yours????

toolfanatic
06-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Did you lay it on newspaper per the instructions? Mine has never streaked.

BILL
06-15-2006, 06:00 PM

Good point.;) .......very important to do that.......

joe.p
06-15-2006, 06:32 PM
My CD is in the basement wrapped in news paper. the paper is now soaked with the parrafin (sp)wax, and it took a while to get like that. Most people have streaking problems with hot panels. I bought mine in the winter so this will be my 1st summer to use it.

ScottB
06-15-2006, 06:58 PM

:iagree:

Even my OXO duster was full of wax. But in the last two years, very little to no streaking. Pays to follow some directions.

Reddwarf
06-15-2006, 08:16 PM
lay it on newspaper? Guess I missed the instructions! :eek:

Surfer
06-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Yup I left mine for about a week, turning it over, flipping sides etc, while wrapped in newspaper. Soaked up a ton of wax. Works pretty damn good, I usually go over the truck with it then use some QD and microfiber to wipe down.

articsilber323
06-15-2006, 09:59 PM
whats the news paper for ive never used NP

toolfanatic
06-15-2006, 10:47 PM
The duster is coated with paraffin wax. Before you use it the instr. say to set the duster on newspaper overnight(i think, not sure how long) to absorb the excess. This excess wax is what causes streaking.

BILL
06-16-2006, 06:24 AM
And if you ever decide to wash it???..........WOOLITE:)

toolfanatic
06-16-2006, 06:40 AM
And if you ever decide to wash it???..........WOOLITE:)

The duster? No, i'm pretty sure you should not ever wash it. The package says the performance improves w/ age. Shake it out vigorously after use and store it in the pouch.

BILL
06-16-2006, 07:02 AM
The duster? No, i'm pretty sure you should not ever wash it. The package says the performance improves w/ age. Shake it out vigorously after use and store it in the pouch.

Care and Cleaning: The California Car Dusters work best when they’re dirty. Just shake them out before and after each use. Should your duster ever become so dirty that it requires an actual cleaning, just wash it in cold water with a mild detergent (like Woolite) and let it air dry.:)

toolfanatic
06-16-2006, 10:21 AM
I knew about the dirtier the better thing. I never heard anything about washing in woolite though. Good to know.

BILL
06-16-2006, 10:25 AM
I knew about the dirtier the better thing. I never heard anything about washing in woolite though. Good to know.

Neither did I........:cheers: