PDA

View Full Version : Cutting

JAMM0N
12-11-2014, 12:50 PM
I'm attempting to work on my black subaru and i heard that their paint is pretty soft.

right now i'm using CG line 700 721 and 778. i also have 3n paint correction and their swirl remover.

Using a GG 6

pads: i've been using orange LC foam pads

Recently went through AG for their deals about bought LC orange and yellow pads 4" for cutting. (forgot to buy the backing in the next order)

i was wondering if anyone had input on LC hydro tech cutting pads (CYAN) and also Hybrid (ORANGE). i'm just working on removing swirls and defects and have not wet sand ever.

still learning so starting small first and this is all personal.

For Sealant LC black pad w CG pure carnaba creme.

any input and advice would be very greatful. and i've heard good things abour mez and megs pro line but right now all i have is the CG line but hoping to try their line down the road. thanks

Feed back please

Eric@CherryOnTop
12-12-2014, 05:20 PM
I've never used that line from chemical guys (I think it's old product they are clearing out) but I have use their v line polishes and was t terribly impressed.

Menzerna is an excellent line. Fg400 is a heavier cut product for removing deeper defects, 2500 is a medium cut that usually works well for a one step polish (though it probably won't work on a black Subaru), sf4000 is a very light polish, which is where I would start if I were you and 4500 is a fine jeweling polish for the best gloss.

The 3m stuff is really designed to be used on a rotary and won't give you the results you are after using the griots da.

On the griots machine, regular old flat pads will fill the bill. I'd get some orange, white and black, at least 3 of each, more if you can afford.

And you can definitely do better for protection than the carnauba creme. Try Blackfire wet diamond all finish paint protection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JAMM0N
12-12-2014, 05:51 PM
i definitely ordered some pads from AG cause they have the deal going on.

went w some 5 1/2 and some 4's both trying flat and hydrotech pads just to give it a while. (mostly cutting)

yeah for now its all personal and definitely getting panels next week to test out products. right now i have too many bottles that i want to try and use up and figure what would be the best combination to go with.

definitely wanting to try different pads with the product to see what cuts more, cause i know that the orange doesn't really cut that well or fills in.

all part of the learning experience.

Menz and HD will be my next go to products when DD has a deal going on