PDA

View Full Version : Nanoskin Sponge, Klasse Twins, 845 outside?

tommygee
12-10-2014, 03:53 PM
I'm staying in South Carolina over the winter. I'm moving to Myrtle Beach in the spring. I'm overdue on claying. No garage now so I'd have to do everything outside. I think I'll try the Nanoskin Sponge. My normal routine would be to park the car in the garage on Friday and finish by Sunday night. Clay Klasse AIO, 2-3 coats of Klasse SG and then topped with 845. My thought is to use the Sponge, rewash, Klasse AIO then a coat of SG. I'm thinking a second coat of SG and then apply 845 after the next wash. I'm worried about dust and dirt. Plus I don't have use of a hose so I'll have to do a rinseless. Any suggestions?

Desertnate
12-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Rinseless should be good to get the surface clean. However, make sure it isn't a product that has waxes or other gloss enhancers in it which will get between the layers of SG.

Honestly, a single coat of SG should last you through a winter in South Carolina. I've gone through much harsher winters on single coats of SG or 845 with no issues.

conquistador
12-10-2014, 05:27 PM
I agree with desertnate. No need to layer. Klasse is very durable. I'd skip the 845