PDA

View Full Version : Rupes or Flex Mini

stateguy
12-09-2014, 07:41 PM
I am interested in a mini polisher and the new flex 8 is a rotary not a da. And the rupes is a d/a polisher
Is there a big difference when using a mini polisher(can i burn the paint that easy) with a mini
I have no experience with a rotary
I have the 3401 and i kinda wanted to stay with flex machines
Any input would be appreciated

JMP
12-09-2014, 07:45 PM
I bought the Rupes 75....rotary is not in my vocabulary....

mbkite
12-09-2014, 07:53 PM
I have the rupes 75 e I will admit I haven't figured it out yet it stalls
I might have an underpowered one or I need to break it in some more not shure.
I think the flex pe 14 the bigger rotary spins a little slower than the new flex mini.. Just my 2c.

Kamakaz1961
12-09-2014, 07:57 PM
I would get the Rupes mini over the Flex Kompact and I am a Flex guy too!! I have never used a rotary and IMO a rotary is used for one purpose....that is paint correction...ONLY. I may be wrong but here is my reasoning:

The Rupes mini can do correcting and polishing ie...no hologram caused by a rotary like the Flex mini.

Additionally, the Rupes mini can apply sealant/wax on your car. The Flex mini can't.

So IMO the Rupes mini is a more versatile machine. As I said before I am a Flex guy and love my Flex 3401 VRG. However, I think Flex missed the ballpark on this one.

I would not even look at the GG 3" as it is not comparable to the Rupes in terms of performance or quality.

So if you are looking for a mini polisher go with the Rupes.

I have my PC7424 XP set up as a mini polisher with the 2 7/8" Backing Plate with the 3" and 4" Pads. Henceforth, no need for a Rupes Mini for me. But I wouldn't mind the Rupes Mini if my PC7424 XP died. I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

allenk4
12-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Since you already have a Flex 3401

Save yourself a lot of money and purchase a Harbor Freight DA or a PC to use with 3-4" pads and Cyclo brushes

More power than the little Griot's and if your Flex fails in the middle of a detail, you have a back-up that can act a serviceable full-sized DA

Kamakaz1961
12-10-2014, 12:26 AM
Since you already have a Flex 3401

Save yourself a lot of money and purchase a Harbor Freight DA or a PC to use with 3-4" pads and Cyclo brushes

More power than the little Griot's and if your Flex fails in the middle of a detail, you have a back-up that can act a serviceable full-sized DA

:iagree:My PC7424 XP is just fine for the 3" stuff. It is also quite a bit less $$ than both the Flex Kompact or Rupes Mini. And you are correct, it is a great back up too. That is another reason why I have no interest in the Flex mini or Rupes....

expdetailing
12-10-2014, 12:27 AM
You mean the, Flex Pro-Mini 300?

KMdef9
12-10-2014, 03:14 PM
You mean the, Flex Pro-Mini 300?

Think he means the new PE8 kompact.

frankprozzoly
12-10-2014, 05:50 PM
I've been thinking of getting a rupes. I forget the names. Ones a 15 and 21 I think. I have a pc and I've outgrown it. What do you recommend