PDA

View Full Version : New Car: Total Care Question

mchsmith3
12-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Good afternoon everyone and thank you for providing such a great forum for car enthusiast to gather information. I'm looking for a bit of clarity on Wolfgang products. I just received my total swirl remover kit and pads, along with no 3oz Fuzion wax and Porter Cable da. My car is a 2015 black ford so it's got a good start. I am going to take the clay kit to it as there's definitely a bit of rail dust on it and I want to start fresh, then I also have some light hologram swirls on the bumper and a bit on the side, So I was going to then go to the swirl mover kit as instructed. But I would like to complete with the Fuzion wax. Does this replace any steps in the swirl remover kit such as the paint sealant 3.0?
Thanks for any help you can provide,

mchsmith3
12-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Ok so I dug into a few more threads, if I understand right, after I do the swirl remover kit, finish with WGDGPS3.0 and let cure for a minimum of 12 hours then I can finish off with the Fuzion wax. How's that sound?

expdetailing
12-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Welcome to AGO! Yes, good approach. Take pictures, and share with us if you don't mind.

wdmaccord
12-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Welcome to AGO! Yes, good approach. Take pictures, and share with us if you don't mind.

Agreed. And if there really is noticeable rail dust, I would suggest IronX before you clay.

One other thought...do you have a mild polish? You might want to try that first before the swirl remover. Depending on your paint, a mild polish might give you the results you want and remove less clear coat. If you don't have any on hand but you want to try this approach, go to the auto parts store or Walmart/Target and pick up a bottle of Meguiars Ultimate Polish.

Lastly, make sure you wipe down with ~15% IPA mixture before you apply the sealant.

mchsmith3
12-10-2014, 11:56 AM

mchsmith3
12-10-2014, 12:06 PM
First time uploading pictures so I didn't know how to add comments but, it starts off from after the wash, clay after car, after wash, going through the swirl remover process and then a couple proud moment pictures!!! :)

I used the swirl remover kit (with the Porter Cable 7424XP) as directed from the website along with the video that I received as a bonus with Mike Phillips. After the process was completed about 8:30 last night, I let the WG deep gloss paint sealant be for 12 hours (after the 45 minute rest time before buffing), then I put two coats of WG Fuzion on and WOW!! The results are awesome! Even my wife said, it looks like mirror!

I do have one question, I read in multiple posts that some people use WG deep gloss spritz sealant after washes to protect the Fuzion a little bit longer. I have a bottle of the detail spritz which I will utilize as well. Does anyone have an opinion on the sealant and the effectiveness?

Thank you for any info and I hope this will help another newbie fan out there get the results we all want! Tons of great expert advise throughout this forum, thank you for providing this.

THXBrent
12-11-2014, 08:54 AM
First time uploading pictures so I didn't know how to add comments but, it starts off from after the wash, clay after car, after wash, going through the swirl remover process and then a couple proud moment pictures!!! :)

I used the swirl remover kit (with the Porter Cable 7424XP) as directed from the website along with the video that I received as a bonus with Mike Phillips. After the process was completed about 8:30 last night, I let the WG deep gloss paint sealant be for 12 hours (after the 45 minute rest time before buffing), then I put two coats of WG Fuzion on and WOW!! The results are awesome! Even my wife said, it looks like mirror!

I do have one question, I read in multiple posts that some people use WG deep gloss spritz sealant after washes to protect the Fuzion a little bit longer. I have a bottle of the detail spritz which I will utilize as well. Does anyone have an opinion on the sealant and the effectiveness?

Thank you for any info and I hope this will help another newbie fan out there get the results we all want! Tons of great expert advise throughout this forum, thank you for providing this.

I did basically same thing to mine, but I thought it said in video to put on the Fusion was first followed by the DGPS to protect the Fusion and make it last longer?