PDA

View Full Version : How do you store your microfiber towels?

Pages : [1] 2 3

11Silverado
12-08-2014, 04:37 PM
I separate mine by task and put them in zip-lock baggies then store them in a container. While this works, it is a bit of a pain. What do you guys do with your microfiber towels?

theblob640
12-08-2014, 04:39 PM
I buy the big see through plastic containers with a lid from any hardware store and put my MFs in them depending on the MF use.

Nomadsto
12-08-2014, 04:44 PM
2 cardboard boxes. 1 for premium/polishing towels. 1 for utility towels.

KMdef9
12-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Make sure those towels are 100% dry before you put them in an air tight bag, you could tap moisture and mold could grow.

For my good MF's (ones that touch the paint: polish/sealant removal/rinsless wash/drying):
I have plastic bins, ones with locking handles that hold the lid on. Keeps dust out and if the container gets dropped, the top won't come off. My pads go in the same kind of container. Applicators as well.

All-purpose MF's:
I have some of my old cabinets from when I redid my kitchen, so the drawers are nice for levels MF's. Top drawer is MF's that used to be used for paint work, that just got demoted for whatever reason. The lower you get, the dirtier the MF's do.

I always keep them away from household towels.

allenk4
12-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Does Larry Kosilla's big bag 'o towels drive anyone else crazy?

I keep mine in a large Rubbermaid bin. Clean towels only in this bin, nothing else allowed

andy2485
12-08-2014, 05:44 PM
plastic bins from Target. dont know of anything better.

RTexasF
12-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Two plastic bins. One for grunt towels, one for premium towels. I have about 250+ total so I never run out.

OCD Detailing
12-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Does Larry Kosilla's big bag 'o towels drive anyone else crazy?

I keep mine in a large Rubbermaid bin. Clean towels only in this bin, nothing else allowed

That's exactly how we do it. Bought the big laundry bags from Target. Different colors. One for body and glass towels another for the rest and one more for dirty.

Seems to me to be the most efficient way. No sense in folding them. We just grab the bags and grab what we need.

allenk4
12-08-2014, 06:29 PM
That's exactly how we do it. Bought the big laundry bags from Target. Different colors. One for body and glass towels another for the rest and one more for dirty.

Seems to me to be the most efficient way. No sense in folding them. We just grab the bags and grab what we need.

I can understand using separate bags, but his are all in one giant bag

Not folding really wouldn't save me any time, because when I do my post-wash visual and tactile inspection I lay them out flat and flip anyway

OCD Detailing
12-08-2014, 06:51 PM
I can understand using separate bags, but his are all in one giant bag

Not folding really wouldn't save me any time, because when I do my post-wash visual and tactile inspection I lay them out flat and flip anyway

For us it's more about space and ease of handle. We pull the detailing trailer with a Land Rover Discovery. Throwing the bags in the back is just easier . If they roll around from me taking corners like I am a F1 driver, they don't smack into anything.

Maybe we go through more towels than most, but I separate them, wash them, dry them, throw them in the bag. When I grab one to use I will quickly look it over to make sure nothing is stuck to it. But I would spend my life doing laundry if I went through each one and laid it flat. lol I have already done more laundry in my 3 to 4 months detailing than I have done in my 45 years on earth!

allenk4
12-08-2014, 06:54 PM
It is funny to see 10 page threads with a bunch of guys taking about the best way to to the laundry

SameGuy
12-08-2014, 06:59 PM
I have a few of those three-drawer plastic storage cabinets from Target/Wally/Wherever (Gracious Living?). I fold to a size I think stores well and separate all my towels, rags, mitts, etc. according to purpose. These organizers are on my garage shelves within easy reach.

Eventually I'd like to build a cabinet to hold them all, like our linen closet upstairs.

jcb27
12-08-2014, 07:35 PM

Another vote for the 3-drawer plastic bins from wally world. Not the perfect size for the size of towels but keeps them organized and clean in the garage.

SameGuy
12-08-2014, 07:45 PM
That's what I'm talkin' about!

CarolinasFinestDetailing
12-08-2014, 08:25 PM
I have a microfiber towel cabinet for mine....