PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion for AG - Sample packs?

makdaddy626
08-18-2007, 10:03 AM
;) I would LOVE to see AG offer some "sample pacs" of different products. Like a paste wax sampler, or a sealant sampler. As someone that doesn't detail for a living but only takes care of my own cars, I find it difficult to justify the expense of buying multiple brands of the same products just to see if there's a real difference and which I like best. I've liked every product I've gotten from AG so far, partly because of the great advice you get on the forums, but considering how long a tub of paste wax will last using it on 2 or 3 cars, I feel like I have to take a guess at what I will like best and then, unless I really don't like it, stick with it.

I would LOVE to be able to drop the 30-40 dollars most paste waxes cost and get a several small containers (enough for 1 or 2 applications) of Soverign, SSII, MW, and XMT180.

The same is true of the different shampoos, polishes, tire dressings, sealants, etc.

I realize that many products are purchased from various manufacturers and re-packaging may not be cost effective or even allowed, but surely AG's own products could be packaged and sold in this way???

Maybe as an alternative to offering these samplers for sale, put a few together for one of your great forum give aways - maybe send some to whoever offers the best suggestion on a new way to package and sell products... ;) ;)

Anyway, thanks AG for all the wonderful things you do provide and for at least listening to my suggestions.

hybridhauler
08-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Sample packs sounds like a great idea to me. I would love to be able to test out more of AG's awsome products without breaking the bank. This would be a great way for customers to test products and sort thru their favorite products.
Come on AG....you can do it.

Tonya
08-18-2007, 10:26 AM
HEY GUYS DO A SEARCH ON THE FORUM, titled Samples (orininal post update) it was on 8-12-07 posted by killr.
I hope it helps!

bambo2888
08-18-2007, 12:09 PM
if you REALLY want to try a product, call meghan up and ask her for a small sample bottle. im sure she'll be glad to help out

watch, now meg is going to be swarmed!

CalgaryDetail
08-18-2007, 12:14 PM
if you REALLY want to try a product, call meghan up and ask her for a small sample bottle. im sure she'll be glad to help out

watch, now meg is going to be swarmed!

ok but everyone has to call at the same time... on monday we will all call at 1 o'clock pm standard eastern time....

Tonya
08-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Oh yeah sounds like a great idea CalgaryDetail, Megahan will love it!! :eek:

bambo2888
08-18-2007, 12:40 PM
ok but everyone has to call at the same time... on monday we will all call at 1 o'clock pm standard eastern time....

hahah, deal, lol. she's gonna hate me!

Tonya
08-18-2007, 01:05 PM
hahah, deal, lol. she's gonna hate me!
:iagree: your bad! Remember paybacks are heck! She will get you for this! :D

Meghan
08-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Dan I could never hate you! :grouphug: And 1pm is great time to call, I will be at lunch! :righton:
As for the samples, I wanted to do this awhile ago, but if we ship a product out it has to have the label on it. So that blew the idea I had of pouring products into 2oz sample bottles. But it is still an idea, and I promise to work on it, till then we have a samples exchange thread you should check out.

makdaddy626
08-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Ok. like I said, thanks for taking the time to listen (I knew you would). I want to try topping my WGDGPS with a nice wax but can't decide which one... Oh well, back to scratching the old nogging and cruising the show-n-shines...

RJones
08-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Wouldn't I love a 2 oz sample of souveran paste wax :D

ScottB
08-18-2007, 06:34 PM
I have talked about this with Jason and Max in the past. The sample idea, while great , has much to much of a cost outlay. Thats partially why the forum was started (to discuss the products in deeper review) and also allowing the trading of samples (NO SELLING) between its members. I highly suggest as Tonya offered, to get involved. I sent out about 100+ samples a year at about a cost of 7.50 total per party. Its a small investment to help those that consider detailing a profession or hobby.

Wouldn't I love a 2 oz sample of souveran paste wax :D

I would truly share it , but to date have not found a successful way to ship a paste wax properly. I remember somehere once mailed me a ball of paste wax, I think it was Surfer.