PDA

View Full Version : The Most Expensive Wax You Have Bought?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Zubair
12-08-2014, 01:58 PM
I know its 95% in the prep and many fight about the same product just placebo gets the better of them when the only real difference is the packaging and labelling. Others spend a fortune and as a result their brain automatically makes the paint look shinier.

British entrepreneur launches world’s most expensive car wax… costing £65,000 : SWNS (http://swns.com/news/british-businessman-launches-worlds-expensive-car-wax-costing-65000-38132/)

Worlds Most Expensive Car Wax and Polish Offered By Scottish Detailer Performance Motorcare | Car Cleaning Products News | Car Detailing News (http://www.performancemotorcare.com/car-cleaning-product-news/worlds-most-expensive-car-wax/1808)

World's Most Expensive Car Wax Costs More Than a Car | Oddity Central - Collecting Oddities (http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/worlds-most-expensive-car-wax-costs-more-than-a-car.html)

Insanity...

allenk4
12-08-2014, 02:01 PM
Pinnacle Sovereign $50 (3oz)
Wolfgang Fuzion $50 (3oz)

Both a great user experience

Seemed to hold on to dust

I'll stick with sealant

SYMAWD
12-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Adam's Americana (3.9oz for $49.95). It's lasts a solid 3 months, beads and sheets incredibly well, doesn't attract dust, easy to apply, but the smell makes me want to vomit every time I use it.

dlc95
12-08-2014, 02:18 PM
I know its 95% in the prep and many fight about the same product just placebo gets the better of them when the only real difference is the packaging and labelling. Others spend a fortune and as a result their brain automatically makes the paint look shinier.

British entrepreneur launches world’s most expensive car wax… costing £65,000 : SWNS (http://swns.com/news/british-businessman-launches-worlds-expensive-car-wax-costing-65000-38132/)

Worlds Most Expensive Car Wax and Polish Offered By Scottish Detailer Performance Motorcare | Car Cleaning Products News | Car Detailing News (http://www.performancemotorcare.com/car-cleaning-product-news/worlds-most-expensive-car-wax/1808)

World's Most Expensive Car Wax Costs More Than a Car | Oddity Central - Collecting Oddities (http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/worlds-most-expensive-car-wax-costs-more-than-a-car.html)

Insanity...

Wow! I know Zymol has Solaris for $40,000.00.

I don't know... I mean, I drive an 03 Monte Carlo SS. Even the Zymol Carbon I have seems a bit much for my car...

The most expensive wax I ever purchased was Zymol Concours. I'll probably have that tub till I die. I simply don't have a car nice enough to put it on.

My favorite wax is Zymol Carbon. At $50.00 a tub, that's as much as I'd like to spend on a wax. My #2 favorite is Megs #26, which is more in my practical price range.

Zubair
12-08-2014, 02:24 PM
The fact that people actually paid $100K in links above is just psychotic, cheaper to get the car repainted heck cheaper to buy more cars. I can understand the fascination of $20-$100 waxes, anything more is just an illusion.

hilld
12-08-2014, 02:25 PM
I bought a new Audi that was freshly waxed. So in that case, I bought wax with a car attached. Does that count? :D

CarolinasFinestDetailing
12-08-2014, 04:22 PM
Chemical Guys Lava at $60. Used it for my Passat which is Tornado Red. Loved it for show season.

Now, I have no waxes other than Megs Gold Class Spray Wax in my arsenal that I use to top off AIO jobs with.

KMdef9
12-08-2014, 04:31 PM
I thankfully did a lot of reading here (and other places) before I purchased anything that wasn't available OTC, so I wasn't able to spend much. I might be winning, or losing depending on how you look at it, as Collinite 845 is the most expensive product labeled a wax I have purchased. LOL, I thought NXT was expensive when it came out back when I knew nothing of detailing.

I'm with Allenk4, seal seal seal.

Audios S6
12-08-2014, 05:02 PM
A 30ml sample of zymol vintage for $50. It is a joy to work with and of course there are bragging rights in having it on the car, but I definitely won't pony-up for a full tub. There are other LSPs I like just as much for a fraction of the cost.

It's already been said: since it's all in the prep work, a $40K wax on the paint is a moot point to anyone in the know.

hoyt66
12-08-2014, 05:07 PM
I bought Migliore comptezione on sale for $175. While it is hard to work with (removing mostly ) it sure has a crazy gloss... Smells good too!

FUNX650
12-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Up until I purchased a tub of Carnaubavore Wax from our entrepreneuring AGO member SON1C (Drew)...

Pinnacle Sig. Series II was the most expensive Wax I had ever purchased---and that's even counting the fact that I got it on sale a few years back.

"Beggared Bob"

MarkD51
12-08-2014, 06:07 PM
I've never bought uber expensive waxes, but have had some darn good waxes over the years. I have a "cutoff point". In which I do no believe some magic Zymol Ital, or any other will somehow come along and do a better job than what a can of colly 476 or 915 will do. I figure why cut hairs and torture yourself with more money out of pocket?

Nu-Look in Chicago. Heck, we're talking a gallon of liquid wax (Pink Magic) for $13. Looked better, and protected 10 times better than any Megs product I ever used. Their White Jelly Paste Wax, about $20 for 5 lbs in a metal tin. Loaded with pure Carnauba to the gills. My father in Chicago still has some of this never to be gotten again wax.

Been begging him to send me some of the old Nu Look products I had bought, but Chicago and me, and my family is like I might as well be Mohammed Atta this end. Doubt I'll even get a B-Day card for my 60th B-Day on the 12th, from any of my shytheel fambly members.

And that sucks big time, how screwed up America's principles and fambly values have become. "All for one, and one for none".

RTexasF
12-08-2014, 06:11 PM
$50 and I used it once, I don't even remember what it was. It's still in the garage........somewhere.

swanicyouth
12-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Got a couple waxes that were > $100. Fuzion, Swissvax Best of Show, Zymol Glasur, Synergy (was free), and a few more I can't think of. Plus, a lot of waxes that are just under a $100: Souveran, Blue Velvet Pro, Capture the Rapture, BFMS, etc...

Were they worth it? For the most part yes.... As long as they don't go bad I have a lifetime supply of nice waxes. Only real disappointment was Black Ice.

They all offer a great user experience and feel special to use. I don't see it as being any more of a waste of money than a $200 bottle of wine or a few ounces of Irish Tweed.

I guess there are some people who don't ever splurge on anything and everything comes down to cost. That probably makes for a dull life.

allenk4
12-08-2014, 06:46 PM
or a few ounces of Irish Tweed.

I 1st read that as Irish Weed!