Pros:
- No INTERIOR detergents needed, not even windex
- Half the time to detail
- Two guns
- Great publicity
- Great on grease (see Cons)
- Great smell, NO SMELL! Use an O2 machine with it
- Works well on exteriors, but small spray pattern
- Uses very little H2O (this is my main concern)

Cons:
- Water pump stops for safety reasons after a few minutes
- Consumes about 5 gallons of diesel daily (all day use)
- Engines need to be degreased prior to steaming
- Easily burns YOU and PLASTIC
- Need to add/purchase "Water-con" (scale prohibitor)
- The exhaust isn't clear as advertised, ITS A F$^&IN' DIESEL!
- Ear plugs a must, it's LOUD!

Their advertisements use words as: REVOLUTIONARY, ENVIO-FRIENDLY, HIGH QUALITY, WATER SAVING, MOBILE.... It's hard to see through the crap talk, and get straight answers. And don't even try calling tech support at Steamerica, what a joke they are.

I've already torn this machine apart and put it back together. Yes, I've already run into flaws.. But I believe they are on the right track. This steamer out preforms any other steamer: the VX, Mculloch, Daimer, Indian... NOTHING ON THE OPTIMA! Water sources are scarce in many places. Sacramento is in a huge drought, and the steamer has pushed us up for its conservation and natural cleaning ability.

Please post comments/concerns/questions/troubleshooting/advice/whatever.. I'm hear to give HONEST answers.

sulla
12-12-2014, 10:57 AM
When you pressure hose you can knock most dirts but in the lower panel you will still have sticky dirt film i think steam is better at knocking down sticky dirt like that , is it possible to knock it with steam and then instead of wiping it do a distilled water pressure rinse to completely remove it ?

The point is to avoid wiping the paint while washing and wiping to dry. Will help a lot to reduce marring on soft black paint.

Karbahn Detail
12-13-2014, 09:53 AM
I will post a video for road grime. Yes steam will do a better job on the wet steam setting (.5gpm) than pressurized water. In extreme cases I use a potassium* based degreaser first. After letting that sit the heat from the steam will help the degreaser work faster, and knock out A LOT of tar, gum, and mildew build.

*A sodium based degreaser will leave white residue.

sulla
12-13-2014, 01:34 PM
How do i know if it is potassium or sodium ? Care to name a product ?

It sure looks like it can knock down dirt films where pressure rinsing fails without wiping and without any chemical, the run off water can be pat dry the only downside is it will take a hell lot longer and make the whole process a lot less eco friendly but hey anything to induce less marring to my soft black paint looks like a one step closer to a true touchless car wash for me if i can afford the 7200$ price tag LOL

Karbahn Detail
12-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Sodium hydroxide is some nasty stuff. I buy 55g barrels at a time from a detail supply store. It's marked on the label what the ingredients are, but it may be harder to find on smaller bottles. The sodium product is called "red star degreaser". Don't run that one down the drain.

Degreaser and pressure washers work fine, just let the solution sit for 10 secs or so..(DO NOT LET IT DRY). I'm pretty sure D108 is sodium based, but if not it will still work the same.

MVPdetailer
09-30-2015, 07:21 PM
Karbahn Detail. I was wondering now that its been about 10months down the line since you bought your steamer if you still think it was worth it? I've been considering buying one for years and currently weighing my options. I do like the dual guns though.

GSKR
09-30-2015, 08:39 PM
If you're doing a trunk lid perhaps does ur hand wipe into the steam,or do u have to remove steam then wipe.If I paid 7200 I would drive to the person who sold it to me ,or ship it back,the down fall in the northeast u couldn't use that after a snow storm,and u will be blasting out glass ,extreme cold ,and hot don't play together,