PDA

View Full Version : QD: Ice

Pages : [1] 2

ynkjeter
06-15-2006, 05:36 PM
I normally stay away from Turtle Wax, but I have to admit, i kinda like Ice. For ten bucks, this stuff is great, and i dont have to worry about wasting it. Is the more expensive stuff that much better, or can i just stick with this? Also, can i use this when buffing out a wax or sealant to make the job easier?

BILL
06-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Inexpensive and good

Kelso
06-15-2006, 05:58 PM
ive heard good stuff on bimmerforums as well, but i just dont like the turtle wax brand and would have to try a little of someone elses first lol... maybe one of these days ill try it out...

BILL
06-15-2006, 06:03 PM
ive heard good stuff on bimmerforums as well, but i just dont like the turtle wax brand and would have to try a little of someone elses first lol... maybe one of these days ill try it out...

I agree.... i never cared either. but Turtle Wax has seen the light and there new products are really mainstream......:) .

abrcrombe
06-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Isn't it actually a polish and has some cleaners in it?

BILL
06-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Isn't it actually a polish and has some cleaners in it?

If he's asking about the ICE QDr then read this:
Turtle Wax(R) Ice(TM) Synthetic Car Detailer is making its debut as well. Just like the Ice car polish, Ice Detailer is a completely clear formula that blends synthetic polymers and clarified Carnuba wax to provide a mirror-like shine and long-lasting protection. Ice Detailer is ideal for a quick shine between regular wax applications and for removing light duct from exterior surfaces.

abrcrombe
06-15-2006, 06:30 PM
I didn't realize they had a polish and now a qd.:o

BILL
06-15-2006, 06:44 PM
I didn't realize they had a polish and now a qd.:o

Like i said............They saw the light.......:)

ScottB
06-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Like i said............They saw the light.......:)

Yeah alot said that with Turtle Wax 2000, and Platnium. Give it a month or two for hype to settle. Over on the Corvetteforum almost everyone is complaining about durability.

BILL
06-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Yeah alot said that with Turtle Wax 2000, and Platnium. Give it a month or two for hype to settle. Over on the Corvetteforum almost everyone is complaining about durability.

Wonder if turtle wax reads these forums........then they would REALLY see the light......:o

ScottB
06-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Most of these products (not just Turtle Wax, think the entire shelve at Walmart) are designed usually as a price point product. They have done all these surveys and market analysis in order to bring a product to market that someone will grab based on advertising and price.

So there chemists come up with a formula, lets call it Beta. They then go back and look to reduce cost via lower quality ingredients that offer a similar benefit and mass production. Likely the product released has a cost under 5.00 in bulk, then they place it on a shelve at 9.99. Thats a 100% profilt (undiluted) that a consumer might pickup while browsing the aisle.

Then look into a boutique or specialty manufacturer. They are small in design and seaking the conisuier (sp) of product. They likely will use very good or some of the best ingredients. They purchase in smaller batches and offer a pricing that is the best given their smaller market approach. Likely making significantly less than the 100% profit on that store bought product. They dont have the buying power, nor the resources to mass market effectively and reduce cost.

So the store bought products are likely going to be sold in larger quantities to mass market quickly giving some "hype" as to the product, while the detailed detailer is likely to have the better product. Now I am not knocking all store bought products specifically, but you are getting less than what you paid for if you settle.

wytstang
06-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Well put killr

BILL
06-16-2006, 06:14 AM
agree........

minivert
06-26-2006, 12:19 PM

I've used the quick detailer on my mini. Looks fantastic and I can shine the car in minutes. The downfall is it only lasts a week, but you need to remember that it is a " quick detailer ", used to give a quick shine to a properly detailed car between detailings. For it's stated use, it rocks.

MiniVert

Kelso
06-26-2006, 02:58 PM
i think what he's saying is there are much better products out there.