PDA

View Full Version : Which coating?

Stunning Detail
12-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Hey everyone first post. I have been reading about coatings a lot here recently and I have a question. My clear coat on my truck is starting to peel, or clear coat failure to be politically correct. I know that a coating is not a savior but in theory seems like it would slow the process down of complete failure on the hood.
1. Would it help with the clear coat failure or is it even worth it?

2. Which one would be better at protecting? Opti vs cquartz or mega trend?

Any and all input is apreciated31439

FUNX650
12-06-2014, 03:57 PM
Here's a thread that may contain
the information you are seeking:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/34883-review-extreme-testing-opti-coat-2-0-cquartz.html

Go to: Post #2 of this thread.
Then:
Scroll down to: Part II.

This will give you an indication of the merit(s), if any,
in attempting to "correct" CC-failure with Coatings.

Bob

builthatch
12-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Hey everyone first post. I have been reading about coatings a lot here recently and I have a question. My clear coat on my truck is starting to peel, or clear coat failure to be politically correct. I know that a coating is not a savior but in theory seems like it would slow the process down of complete failure on the hood.
1. Would it help with the clear coat failure or is it even worth it?

2. Which one would be better at protecting? Opti vs cquartz or mega trend?

Any and all input is apreciated31439

it's not even worth your time. if the substrate is leaving...it'll take the coating with it.

there have been some threads through the years of people playing with coatings and failing clear coat, but it's mostly out of boredom i think.

waste of time/effort and money. just roll with it, as long as it still has something covering the metal, at least it won't rust.

Stunning Detail
12-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Ok thanks for the input