PDA

View Full Version : practice what you preach

richy
08-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Anyone who reads my s&s posts, knows that I always harp about the importance of detailing the wheels. Well we recently returned from renting a cottage up north that had a lot of gravel roads. The spokes of the wheels were clean but behind them were not. I removed each wheel and treated it with blue magic to try to stem the slow moving cancer (see post about l.a. wheel) and then sealed with FMJ and Collinite. Took me 3 hours to complete the job, mind you I had to fit time in there for 2 cigars:righton:.
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/rhowitt/08-16-20071.jpg

HighEndDetail
08-17-2007, 10:51 PM
you missed a spot:D Those are some big blinging rims

klumzypinoy
08-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Wow they look great! I agree, wheels are important. I still have yet to take off 15 years of brake dust from my wheels...literally 15 years.

richy
08-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Wow they look great! I agree, wheels are important. I still have yet to take off 15 years of brake dust from my wheels...literally 15 years.

That may prove to be a challenge..let to sit for a long time, that stuff can really eat into the paint!! Good luck!!

Nica
08-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Bling, Bling home boy richy!!! Very nice rims buddy....man the rims sure go well with the pimping ride :righton:

Well done buddy, thank you for sharing

Tonya
08-18-2007, 04:42 AM
You are kidding, right! :eek:
Klumzypinoy Very nice job on those wheels! :applause:

Gary Sword
08-18-2007, 06:25 AM
I thought I was the only one who's always pulling my wheels off.

ScottB
08-18-2007, 08:20 AM
I find Klasse AIO to work wonders with cleaning the barrels of wheels. With some you can even fit hand in without removing, unfortunately I my Iforged Wheels they must too come off.

klumzypinoy
08-19-2007, 03:21 AM
That may prove to be a challenge..let to sit for a long time, that stuff can really eat into the paint!! Good luck!!

Tonya, the previous owners haven't shown any sign of cleaning the vehicle, sadly, so that's why there's nicely baked dust on my wheels :p

supercharged
08-19-2007, 11:01 AM
2 cigars? Sounds like you were having good time!:cheers:

trhland
08-19-2007, 11:06 AM
all i have to say is fashizel my nizzel that wheel looks nice:D :D

AUdakota
08-19-2007, 12:37 PM
but more importantly what kind of cigars!!

Tonya
08-19-2007, 01:41 PM

Tonya, the previous owners haven't shown any sign of cleaning the vehicle, sadly, so that's why there's nicely baked dust on my wheels :p

Man that's nasty! :eek: I live very close to a do it yourself car wash. I am always amazed at the number of people drying their car off after a wash, but they never touched the freakin wheels! :eek: What's up with that! :confused:

Reddwarf
08-19-2007, 02:16 PM
Man that is one shiny wheel! So for those of you who take the wheels off to clean and protect behind what is your method of removing the wheels? I recently bought an impact wrench so that should make removal easy but how to you put the wheels back on? by hand? Do you use a torque wrench?

klumzypinoy
08-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Man that's nasty! :eek: I live very close to a do it yourself car wash. I am always amazed at the number of people drying their car off after a wash, but they never touched the freakin wheels! :eek: What's up with that! :confused:

That's what I'm saying...car is "clean" but wheels are barely touched! It just looks ugly without the wheels being clean :(