PDA

View Full Version : GG vs. Meg's?

Supergus1
12-05-2014, 12:15 PM
I just stopped by my local Advance Auto Parts to pick up a gas can and noticed that they are now carrying the full line of Griot's Garage waxes,sealants, etc. My question is this:
does anyone have experience with both the GG line and the Meg's Ultimate line? This would be for a DD, so longevity and durability is important.

Klasse Act
12-05-2014, 01:08 PM
Well they don't carry the full Griot's line but they carry enough items to get your car up to snuff for sure. I've been a fan of Griot's since 2005 and have nothing but great experiences with them.

The latest product I've used from Griot's is their HD wheel cleaner, actually bought it through Advance Auto Parts, used their online ordering too. This wheel cleaner is great, not exactly cheap but when the time arises to clean my wheels when they get real bad, well, this is yet another option for me. I did try it out on my wife's wheels, which are always dirty, and it worked great. You wet the wheel, spray the cleaner on and let it sit. It will gradually turn red and then you can agitate if needed, great product!

I've used Meg's Ultimate Compound and its AWESOME! This product takes out the swirls with ease, I highly recommend it! I've used the Meg's Ultimate Spray Wax and let me tell you, its right there with AW. It can be bought in bulk here at AG, its D156 but easier to get OTC but in smaller size though.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

Supergus1
12-05-2014, 01:23 PM
So the vibe I get is that given the choice, you'd go with the Meg's Ult. line?

Klasse Act
12-05-2014, 02:34 PM
So the vibe I get is that given the choice, you'd go with the Meg's Ult. line?

As far as which product? What are looking to do to your car?

Supergus1
12-05-2014, 04:44 PM
As far as which product? What are looking to do to your car?

Wash, wax, polish, QD, etc. Thought I'd stick with one brand. Since I'd be in Advance Auto for product anyway, I just wondered which brand would give me better results for maintaining a DD?

The Guz
12-05-2014, 04:49 PM
In my opinion you can't go wrong with either brand. But I agree with ultimate compound being a must have. You could pick up the entire ultimate line (ultimate compound, ultimate polish, ultimate wax, ultimate quik wax and ultimate quik detailer) and be good.

whavens
12-05-2014, 04:56 PM
The Griot's Garage Best of Show Wax is a little tougher to remove than most. It does produce a nice shine, but there are plenty of waxes that are easier to remove that produce as good a shine IMO. The One Step Sealant is easy to remove and so far it is holding up well. I have it on my girlfriend's Mini and it is still beading well and seems to be protecting nicely. Even after a week of rain, when I wash her car there is no spotting left on the paint and it shines well.

FUNX650
12-05-2014, 05:58 PM
I would opt for Meguiar's.

Also:
If your Advance AP carries Meguiar's M105 & M205...
You'll be ready for most anything thrown your way. :dblthumb2:

Bob

allenk4
12-05-2014, 06:27 PM
The Griot's Garage Best of Show Wax is a little tougher to remove than most. It does produce a nice shine, but there are plenty of waxes that are easier to remove that produce as good a shine IMO. The One Step Sealant is easy to remove and so far it is holding up well. I have it on my girlfriend's Mini and it is still beading well and seems to be protecting nicely. Even after a week of rain, when I wash her car there is no spotting left on the paint and it shines well.

A nightmare to remove it applied too thick

Unpleasant to remove if applied very thin

As previously stated, lots of better liquid waxes out there

Supergus1
12-05-2014, 07:36 PM
That's all I needed to know. Thanks guys!

LRC3
12-23-2014, 09:54 PM
That's all I needed to know. Thanks guys!

Nope, there one MORE thing you need to know.....

TRT30
Try that coupon code at AAP online, and thank me later.

Btw, I've gotten 105/205/21/26 all from AAP.

The Guz
12-23-2014, 10:14 PM
Btw, I've gotten 105/205/21/26 all from AAP.

Good combo's. You will enjoy them.

dlc95
12-23-2014, 10:38 PM
Good combo's. You will enjoy them.

That's the quintessential Meg's pro line set up.