PDA

View Full Version : Explain aio cleaner wax

Pages : [1] 2

frankprozzoly
12-05-2014, 08:49 AM
I'm reading the thread about fine polishes not being needed so much nowadays because of good technology.

Mike mentioned using cleaner wax to polish and protect.

If you use megs conditioner cream for example, is that it? You don't have to use a sealant? Or should you top it with a designated sealant or wax

frankprozzoly
12-05-2014, 08:54 AM
Ok now I've read some reviews saying this is more for numbers

FUNX650
12-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Ok now I've read some reviews saying this is more for numbers
I don't understand what is meant by:
"this is more for numbers"...What numbers? :dunno:

Mike Phillips has an in-depth AIO...Cleaner-Wax/Sealant article that's a good read, IMHO.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23263-difference-between-cleaner-wax-finishing-wax.html

Bob

Zubair
12-05-2014, 09:29 AM
I'm reading the thread about fine polishes not being needed so much nowadays because of good technology.

Mike mentioned using cleaner wax to polish and protect.

If you use megs conditioner cream for example, is that it? You don't have to use a sealant? Or should you top it with a designated sealant or wax

Fine polishes are very much alive its the survival of the medium cut polish that was being questioned.

EWtheDETAILER
12-05-2014, 09:29 AM
Good questions.... I always wonder what length of protection does the AIO or cleaner waxes trully offer... in my experience about 1-2months based on car of the car.

expdetailing
12-05-2014, 09:37 AM
This doesn't address your question, but Meg's conditioner cream (D151) is ideal for high-volume shops (Numbers) because it can remove moderate defects and provide some wax protection, and its cut-ability is controllable by the pad selected. Well, that's what AG says about it, but aren't all polishes controllable by pad selection?
Edit: Never mind, I get it about pad and polish combos. It's very early for me right now.

Kamakaz1961
12-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Having recently experienced with a couple of AIO products; AIO has some correcting ability and some protection. AIO is (IMO) a product that has "just enough" of what you want to accomplish. This is my 1st time using AIO's. I wanted to see what the "talk" of an AIO is all about.

My guess, AIO serves it purpose, however, many here on the AGO site prefer the 2-Step process (compound/polish). Today's correcting brands (Menzerna, Wolfgang, Megs, etc.) have SUPERIOR correcting capability than an AIO. Additionally, if your technique is sound (most are on AGO); the time to correct is just a little longer than if you were to use an AIO.

However, the final result is SIGNIFICANTLY better than an AIO.

AIO is a compromise of correcting and protection. It is for some people and for the customer (if you have a business) that really does not want "the perfect shine" but a "decent" shine.

Again, my opinion.

frankprozzoly
12-05-2014, 10:19 AM
This doesn't address your question, but Meg's conditioner cream (D151) is ideal for high-volume shops (Numbers) because it can remove moderate defects and provide some wax protection, and its cut-ability is controllable by the pad selected. Well, that's what AG says about it, but aren't all polishes controllable by pad selection?
Edit: Never mind, I get it about pad and polish combos. It's very early for me right now.

This is what I meant by numbers. Its good for dealerships, mass detailing

frankprozzoly
12-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Fine polishes are very much alive its the survival of the medium cut polish that was being questioned.

Ok I was a little confused by this. So they meant that they would compound then use a finishing polish instead of something like 205

allenk4
12-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Having recently experienced with a couple of AIO products; AIO has some correcting ability and some protection. AIO is (IMO) a product that has "just enough" of what you want to accomplish. This is my 1st time using AIO's. I wanted to see what the "talk" of an AIO is all about.

My guess, AIO serves it purpose, however, many here on the AGO site prefer the 2-Step process (compound/polish). Today's correcting brands (Menzerna, Wolfgang, Megs, etc.) have SUPERIOR correcting capability than an AIO. Additionally, if your technique is sound (most are on AGO); the time to correct is just a little longer than if you were to use an AIO.

However, the final result is SIGNIFICANTLY better than an AIO.

AIO is a compromise of correcting and protection. It is for some people and for the customer (if you have a business) that really does not want "the perfect shine" but a "decent" shine.

Again, my opinion.

Please explain a bit more

For me an AIO takes much less time than a one-step polish followed by machine application if wax or sealant

expdetailing
12-05-2014, 12:20 PM
For what it's worth, I just used klasse aio to remove dried plant bulb (fruit?) Organic material from the roof of my van. Previously, I tried ultima waterless, then a pressure washer. It didn't budge. However, with klasse and a finger pocket, I rubbed for 60 seconds or so, and it came out glossy.
I would highly recommend everyone to have a decent aio in their stash because it has many uses, and saves time.
Recently, I used klasse aio to clean the jambs on an 02 CRV, and it worked like magic.
The years of contamination were removed in a short period of time with the aio, and the jambs were left very glossy. It's amazing to see actually how much contamination has fallen onto a surface, only to be revealed once it has been removed.

Kamakaz1961
12-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Please explain a bit more

For me an AIO takes much less time than a one-step polish followed by machine application if wax or sealant

I just worked on a car that had swirls galore!! I tried the AIO and the amount of time I was spending to remove the swirls took too long so that is when I went to the 2-step (FG400/SF4500).

The car had the show car shine (before sealant). Since it was a friend of mine's car, I wanted to let her see the big difference. The sad thing she did not even look at the car! She said nice job and then left! I felt USED!!....LOL I learned a good lesson...I could have used the AIO and get rid of a majority of the swirls and stop after I was done as AIO has protection too.

When I did work on her hood with the AIO I still saw swirls, however, not as much. The time I spent trying to get rid of all the swirls took way longer than if I went to a 2-step as I was trying to remove ALL of the swirls.

In hindsight, she was perfect for AIO as it would have saved me time for sure. I now know when AIO is perfect for the right person. Is AIO better than 2-Step? No way.

A decent shine is what I expect from an AIO not a perfect shine. You would definitely save more time with an AIO if your objective is for some correction with some protection.

She was perfect for AIO, which I learned afterwards.

Again, AIO would not be for MY ride or my close friends ride as I think it is not as good as a 2-Step Sealant/wax.

I will have AIO in my arsenal for this reason...a person that really does not care about what a car should look like but wants a decent shine/protection. In her eyes, she would think that would be a perfect shine....it would not be in mine but she could care less.

AGAIN, I felt used and abused!! Wham Bam Thank You MAN!....LOL

:nomore::buffing:

VISITOR
12-05-2014, 01:24 PM
no sense in working in an AIO over and over to remove swirls. work it long enough to clean the paint and remove light marring/scratches and move on. if one is wanting to use it to remove swirls with multiple passes, you might as well use a dedicated polish/compound for that purpose...

KBsToy
12-05-2014, 01:24 PM
I admit that I am a AIO fan. My cars are taking care of when washing, drying and some QD so an AIO works for me when getting things up to speed again also cars are light in color....

Zubair
12-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Most people see swirls as normal, all they after is a glossy shine. Detailers on the otherhand want perfection.