PDA

View Full Version : swirls: what to do?

The Kid_Detailer
08-17-2007, 09:27 PM
i have some swirls and some other marks in the clearcoat of my acura legend. ive tried WG swirl remover with an orange pad and they are not comin out. my question is this: should i step up to a yellow pad and stick with the WG swirl remover or should i step up to xmt 3 or 4 to try to get rid of the marks?

sry i dont have any pics but any help is appreiciated

D
08-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Id go with XMT 3 and orange pad.

The Kid_Detailer
08-17-2007, 09:40 PM
is that alot stronger than WG swirl remover?

D
08-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Havent used WG, but I cant imagine it being that strong. If you have XMT 2 then start with that, then just work your way up.

The Kid_Detailer
08-17-2007, 10:51 PM
ok thanks alot. ill give xmt 3 a shot and hopefully it will get rid of it. is there anything else that might help that i didnt mention? there are so many different products and that was just the first thing to pop into my head

D
08-17-2007, 11:29 PM
I always recommend Menzerna. Its my favorite polish.

Junebug
08-27-2007, 08:19 PM
WG swirl remover is weak as water. I assume you're working with a PC, so - I'd suggest Optimum polish, far cheaper per ounce and since it's pad dependant you can start with a yellow pad and finish with a white one (also assuming you're using LC). Though, I have not tried Poorboys personally, that is another line to consider. THe thing with polishes is I have only found one that has the perfect balance between being too gummy (longer work time like Optimum) or too dusty (Poorboys and Meguairs). And I can't mention which one it is cause...well..let's say my favorite on-line store ain't selling it ...yet!