PDA

View Full Version : Clay bar

hothatch
12-03-2014, 01:02 PM
What clay bar you recommend for blue metalic color?( want 0 swirls or atleast minimum swirls)
For the record Car has done it twice in the past and its year and half years old.. Pretty new

allenk4
12-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Clay is not color dependent

You should select your clay based on the level of contamination of the paint and personal preference

In you case with a well maintained vehicle, a fine grade clay will likely dons great job. I prefer Pinnacle Poly, is I am using a traditional clay

6 months ago I switched to a Fine Grade Speedy Prep Clay Towel. Much faster. If you drop it, just rinse off.

VISITOR
12-03-2014, 04:26 PM
if there isn't many contaminants then a fine grade clay would be a good choice. either the megs or mothers clay kits can be bought otc and include two 80g clay bars, QD, and mf towel for under $20. as mentioned above, the clay alternatives like the clay towel/sponge would be another good alternative and will last a lot longer...

hothatch
12-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Well, i looked on bilt hamber soft and dodo yellow clay they are both super great right?, what good sponge you recommend that will do job atleast as this two i mentioned?

allenk4
12-03-2014, 11:54 PM
Are you going to be maintaining just the one car or are you going to start detailing lots of cars?

On this Forum we all tend to get caught up into thinking everyone who comes here is maintaining multiple vehicles or doing this on the side for profit

If you are only maintaining a few cars, I would purchase the Meguiar's or Mother's Clay Kit from the local auto parts store or Wal-Mart

hothatch
12-04-2014, 06:27 AM
Just for my own cars o.o