PDA

View Full Version : BFWD+BFCS vs. Sonax PNS

jth877
12-03-2014, 10:56 AM
So I'm still relatively new to the detailing world. I always took pretty good care of my rides but coming here after I purchased a new 2013 Mustang GT really opened up my car cleaning eyes. Currently my stang is a summer only ride and garaged. I've been using BFWD and UWW+. I'm happy to report that after two and a half years of ownership the UWW+ method and an occasional two bucket regular wash with meg gold class soap has produced no micro scratching or swirls.

I just bought PNS and some crystal seal among other things with autogeeks crazy 25% off and free shipping black friday deal. I couldn't resist. My question is what is a more reflective bright finish? BFWD with BFCS or two coats of PNS? Durability is almost a non factor because the car is never exposed to anything harsh- not even rain.

10secdream
12-03-2014, 11:15 AM
BFWD on black looks incredible (assuming defect free paint).

jth877
12-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Sorry. the color of the car is Red Candy.

aim4squirrels
12-03-2014, 11:26 AM
So I'm still relatively new to the detailing world. I always took pretty good care of my rides but coming here after I purchased a new 2013 Mustang GT really opened up my car cleaning eyes. Currently my stang is a summer only ride and garaged. I've been using BFWD and UWW+. I'm happy to report that after two and a half years of ownership the UWW+ method and an occasional two bucket regular wash with meg gold class soap has produced no micro scratching or swirls.

I just bought PNS and some crystal seal among other things with autogeeks crazy 25% off and free shipping black friday deal. I couldn't resist. My question is what is a more reflective bright finish? BFWD with BFCS or two coats of PNS? Durability is almost a non factor because the car is never exposed to anything harsh- not even rain.

You'll have to judge for yourself. I will say this, you won't need and probably don't want to put 2 coats of PNS on a vehicle. The application and removal procedure needs to be done in 2'x2' sections, with removal almost immediately after application.

The procedure for removing excess PNS after it's semi-cured involves going over the high spot areas with fresh product to soften it so you can remove the excess. That right there tells me that layering probably is not possible with this particular product, and applying a second coat is likely wasteful.

EVOlved
12-03-2014, 02:25 PM
I have no experience with the BF combo you are speaking of. I do however have a fair amount of experience with PNS. PNS will give you a very glassy look. The protection is where it excels IMO the hydrophobic features of it make it very good at self cleaning. As you have experience with BFWD maybe that will assist you?

07gtcs
12-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Blackfire combo on any color car is awesome. I love using CS.