PDA

View Full Version : Waterless wash / No Rinse

Pages : [1] 2

Tom E IL
12-02-2014, 11:07 AM
Before people put down or say it's hard on paint, I know this. I have used a product over the summer and have done this on my own black minivan and still looks good. Most people are not out for a show car finish. What I would like to know is, Do you offer a no rinse detail on a mobile service?
I'm thinking of starting a quick mobile detail using a waterless wash method. What are some of the No Rinse products you use and mixing methods?
The ONR seems like a good product, never used it. Can it be mixed a little stronger, use a pre soak, and will it leave streaking.
What are some price ranges you offer for something like this?
Thanks for any input

spiralout462
12-02-2014, 12:31 PM
ONR and Ultima Waterless Wash + are the category leaders for a reason. They are very economical and effective. I do not know what you would charge as I am a hobbyist.

allenk4
12-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Mixed too strong, most rinseless wash products will leave streaks

I have used ONR and D114, this holds true for both in my experience

They both work very well at the suggested dilution ratios.

I believe mixing them at higher concentrations is a waste of money

builthatch
12-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Mixed too strong, most rinseless wash products will leave streaks

I have used ONR and D114, this holds true for both in my experience

They both work very well at the suggested dilution ratios.

I believe mixing them at higher concentrations is a waste of money

:xyxthumbs:

No Rinse is based on reactive polymers that have the ability to bond to surfaces as well as dirt or oily particles. These polymers have much greater lubricity than soap and form a film around the particles as well as paint to protect from marring. The concentration of these polymers is very high which is why only 1 oz. per wash is needed. In fact, when people use 3-4 oz., they complain about the excess lubricity and streaking!

OP you can put ONR at wash dilution in a spray bottle to pre-treat rear bumpers, lowers, fronts, etc.

the chemicals in the popular waterless and rinseless stuff discussed on this forum are bonkers. accidents can happen but if you are careful and do it right, you won't make the finish worse.

JAMM0N
12-11-2014, 06:00 PM
isn't it like 2oz for 2 gallons or something like that?

taxi_dub
12-11-2014, 06:37 PM
I love UWW, i used the Gary dean method. It's definity quicker, I also use distilled water so I don't get water spots.

07gtcs
12-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Are you looking at Waterless or Rinseless washes? these are two different methods.

rms64
12-12-2014, 05:10 PM
isn't it like 2oz for 2 gallons or something like that?

ONR for rinseless is 1 oz / 2 gallons. Just did one about an hour ago! Love the stuff...:xyxthumbs:

JAMM0N
12-12-2014, 05:53 PM
okay just making sure. dont want to add too much and waste soap when you can use less and same results ^_^

Tom E IL
12-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Are you looking at Waterless or Rinseless washes? these are two different methods.

Ok please explain, what's a , no rinse and what's a waterless.

Real Riders
12-13-2014, 02:37 AM
I would also like to know what is the going rate of a Rinseless and Waterless Wash.

Mach1USMC
12-28-2014, 06:09 PM
I use Infinite Use Detail Juice for ALL of my washes and final wipedowns. It's one of the best detailing products on the marekt IMO. Dilute as recommended and go to down. I never had any problems with streaking when using the recommended ratio.

Mach1USMC
12-28-2014, 06:12 PM
I would also like to know what is the going rate of a Rinseless and Waterless Wash.

My maintenance washes start at $80 but I clay, correct headlights, and seal/wax etc as part of the entry level package.

07gtcs
12-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Ok please explain, what's a , no rinse and what's a waterless.

Rinseless wash is with a bucket of water and a rinseless wash soap. Dip rag in said solution, wash one section with MF towel, then dry.

Waterless wash - should explain itself...no water. Use a WW solution...spray on...wipe off.

Nomadsto
12-29-2014, 04:07 PM
I use Infinite Use Detail Juice for ALL of my washes and final wipedowns. It's one of the best detailing products on the marekt IMO. Dilute as recommended and go to down. I never had any problems with streaking when using the recommended ratio.

Amen brother. Have tried juice boost?