PDA

View Full Version : are there supposed to be suds in a rinse less wash?

cc rider
12-01-2014, 02:28 AM
Yes I'm new to this.I've only done it a couple times. One time I used onr and it had no suds. I could barely tell it was in there besides a little color change.it worked fine though. Then I tried with black fire and same thing so I poured a whole bunch of the solution in.Then I got some suds! I have a bunch of it so I didn't mind wasting it. I do have a little ounce measuring glass so I know how much I'm using. What is your water supposed to look like after adding the rinse less in?

JHL88
12-01-2014, 03:17 AM
the only rinseless I know of that suds is Meg's d114. most other ones do not have suds.

FUNX650
12-01-2014, 04:59 AM
There exists many misconceptions about the cleaning power of "suds".
There also exists a thriving exploitation of Consumers,
that hang on to those misconceptions.

Bob

Corey@OptimalDetailing
12-01-2014, 10:47 AM
The only rinseless I have that produces suds is CG HFEW. It's a great rinseless wash though.

cc rider
12-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Im not trying to say suds are needed. Forgot to mention. I did say I didnt see a difference. I should say I didnt feel a difference either. The water didnt feel any "slicker". I thought the main purpose of the rinseless products is to add lubricity. But, I must say the results were good. The dirt was coming off onto my towels. I use several towels only once that I have sitting in the bucket. I didnt get any scratching.

FUNX650
12-01-2014, 12:31 PM
The key word here is: "rinseless".
I take this to mean no use of a free-flowing source of water.

With that in mind:
The fewer extraneous ingredients (including suds-producers) in a rinseless wash...the less amount of "rinseing" will be required to ensure the rinseless-wash's total removal.

Otherwise:
It'll be hard to get the shine to come through.

Bob