PDA

View Full Version : My 1st detail with PC and "pro" products & your advice!

Pages : [1] 2

dengood1
06-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Here is my father in laws 1999 Blazer. This was my first detail with the PC and the professional product lines available at AutoGeek. Sorry I didn't have any before pics, but lets just say the paint was less than desireable and the difference is amazing. It had many swirl marks and water etching galore. Total job time was approximately 6 hours, start to finish. Here are the products I used for the paint:

Poorboys SSR 2 with orange foam pad(I know I should have used the white, but it wasn't cutting it, and for some reason I ordered the SSR 2 instead of the 2.5) oops! But the SSR 2 worked ok. PC used on 3-4 to spread, used on 6 to work in. Followed by.....

Poorboys SSR 1 with grey foam pad. PC was on 3-4 to spread, 6 to work in. Followed by....

1 coat of Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.....2nd coat tomorrow:-).

Poorboys Wheel Sealant for the rims(note: some of the pics posted here were before I used the wheel sealant. The ones numbered higher were after the wheel sealant)

Armor All Extreme Shine Tire Gel- I applied this very lightly with a cloth applicator because the foam "soaks" it way too much and is VERY wet...to much in my opinion. I have some DP tire gel in my cart.....I just had this Armor All on my shelf and wanted to get rid of it. Nice shine, just thick, greasy, and wet, wet, wet!

I was very happy with the results, except for the hood as all the blemishes didn't come out completely. I ordered the correct PB SSR 2.5 to redo the hood with a white pad and take out some further blemishes, then I will follow with the other items listed above. I must say that the Poorboys are VERY good products! Does anyone have any other advice as far as using any other products after the polishes and before the Souveran? Thanks for all of you guys' help with all of the questions I had in the past couple of weeks.:grouphug: Killr has been especially helpful with all of my questions. I appreciate your expertise:cheers: Now, on to my vehicles:righton:

Happy Fathers Day pops! ;)

Surfer
06-15-2006, 02:42 PM
What tire dressing is that?

dengood1
06-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Armor All Extreme Shine Tire Gel, orange squeeze bottle with foam applicator included($5.49 at Wallyworld)- I applied this very lightly with a cloth applicator because the foam "soaks" it way too much and is VERY wet...to much in my opinion. I have some DP tire gel in my cart.....I just had this Armor All on my shelf and wanted to get rid of it. Nice shine, just thick, greasy, and wet, wet, wet! The stuff doesn't look that great when you first put it on, but in about 5 minutes it looks EXTREMELY dark, shiny, and wet!!

Mike T
06-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Lokks Outstanding! job well done.
I've been thinking about that tire shine. I see it all the time when I go to Adavnced Auto. Any sling?
I'm a big fan of BnB. Reason I haven't given in and bought a bottle yet.

snomon1017
06-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Blazer looks awsome! Tires look good too. About the tire shine though (and I ask this out of true interest). Really wet, shiny tires always seem to go over well and attract a lot of attention at shows. My preference though is a nice gllow but less shine. I liken the shine of these products to a loud, bright, punchy sounding stereo (i.e. treble and midbass boost). It grabs your attention and seems impressive at first. But listen for some time and it gets exhausting and just plain irritating. I absolutely love, love, love Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel. Do people get tired of the dazzling shine of these super bright tires or does it continue to impress?

dengood1
06-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Thanks. A little sling, not if you buff with a towel after a couple of hours. You have to work it in. It's very thick and produces a very high shine. Good durability too.

abrcrombe
06-15-2006, 03:19 PM
Pretty good job. Great father's day gift. I agree that the Poorboy's line is just fantastic!

dengood1
06-15-2006, 03:31 PM
He thought it was a nice gift also:-) I'm sure a lot of fathers of peeps on this forum will be receiving "full details" for DADDAY:-) Are there any steps you would have changed, added?

abrcrombe
06-15-2006, 03:34 PM
Although it might not add too much to the souveran, you could use a glaze to make it pop a little more. I like Meguiar's # 7, but I've heard good things about ClearKote Red Moose Glaze.

dengood1
06-15-2006, 03:43 PM
I've used the Meg's #7 (dark green stuff, right?) in the past and it was a bi*** to get off and seemed to "smear" a lot. It also has a strong "chemical" smell from what I can remember. I have another glaze I was going to use(smells great and VERY easy to remove compared to Megs #7), but wasn't sure if the Souveran would do well with it. Maybe next detail:-) Thanks for the tip though.

Dennis

dengood1
06-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Souveran was by far the best and easiest to use of any wax I've ever used. Amazing stuff!

abrcrombe
06-15-2006, 04:11 PM
I still need to try Souveran. I guess I will wait until it goes back on sale. Hopefully not too long.;) Meguiar's #7 was not that hard for me to take off, I just did it panel by panel though. My Poorboy's EX-Sealant was super easy to take off in comparison, and I did the whole car.

BILL
06-15-2006, 04:17 PM
I absolutely love, love, love Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel.

why??

ScottB
06-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Nice work ....

snomon1017
06-15-2006, 06:32 PM
I absolutely love, love, love Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel.

why??

IMO, this is the Souveran of tire gels. It looks rich, lush, and luxuriant. It has just the right shine, a nice warm glow without being in-your-face shiny. It goes on relatively easy with a foam applicator. It has a durability that I haven't seen in any other product - stands up rain, puddles, washes, etc. Lasts for weeks too. If a tire gel can be said to have depth, then this has it in spades. It brings out the detail of the sidewalls without overshadowing with shine. It looks fabulous on tires but also brings out a nice glow on plastoc trim and bumpers too. If it's well-buffed on plastic body panels, it won't in water either. JUST AWSOME, in the true sense of the word! :awesome: