PDA

View Full Version : Sonax on Satin Black Wheels

Regency
11-29-2014, 09:13 PM
Hey guys, quick question. I have satin black wheels and was just wondering if I can use sonax wheel cleaner on them? TIA!

FFguy808
11-29-2014, 09:45 PM
You can..if the wheels ain't that dirty, car soap is all you need to clean them:props:

Regency
11-29-2014, 10:41 PM
Awesome, good to know. Thank you!

allenk4
11-29-2014, 11:20 PM
Careful

Fully wet the wheel with the cleaner, starting at the bottom of the wheel and working your way up. I had a wheel that showed visible slightly lighter in color lines where the cleaner ran down the dry surface of the wheel

Do not let it come anywhere close to drying

It can affect matte or satin finished wheels

Try car wash soap and a good brush first

Regency
11-29-2014, 11:33 PM
Careful

Fully wet the wheel with the cleaner, starting at the bottom of the wheel and working your way up. I had a wheel that showed visible slightly lighter in color lines where the cleaner ran down the dry surface of the wheel

Do not let it come anywhere close to drying

It can affect matte or satin finished wheels

Try car wash soap and a good brush first

Ok, that's what I was worried about. I've been using car soap for about 2 years now on them so I guess I'll just stay with them. Thank you.

fly07sti
11-30-2014, 01:43 AM
I have flat black wheels on my tundra and when I need something to clean them if they're very dirty I use Megs non acid wheel cleaner diluted 1:1 or Eagle 1 a to z wheel cleaner. If they're just lightly dirty/dusty, car soap.