PDA

View Full Version : So any chance this will buff out?

octane
11-29-2014, 07:30 PM
Guy tried to avoid a stray cat, hit my neighbors jeep patriot, jumped the wall, and stopped on my winter car shelter, hitting the wifes car, the venza will probably need a new bumper or a least a repaint, since the paint on the corner is all cracked, the shelter will need a couple of new post and tubes, and new tarp cover. the Jeep suffered a lot more damage

guy says he was going pretty slow, just leaving the stop 3 houses before mine, but I doubt this would happen goingd 20mph

campngolf
11-29-2014, 07:41 PM
His story definitely doesn't add up. If he was only going 20, he should have been able to avoid the cat and retain more control of his vehicle.

Sorry you had to go through this BS.

hilld
11-29-2014, 07:46 PM
No buffing needed. There is some new miracle product (as seen on TV) called "car new". AG might even sell it. :dblthumb2:

octane
11-29-2014, 07:50 PM
No buffing needed. There is some new miracle product (as seen on TV) called "car new". AG might even sell it. :dblthumb2:

Great! do they sell it by the gallon??

octane
11-29-2014, 07:53 PM
nobody was hurt a least, his two young kids were still sleeping in the back after the accident. I just feel bad for my neighbor, he's on vacation and will wonder where his new car is when he comes back tonight...

the guy probably mixed up the brake and the gas pedals, I also have a V6 Rav4, and that thing has a lot of power when you floor it, and the pedals are not that far appart...

swanicyouth
11-29-2014, 07:54 PM
Stray cat. Lol. BS! Hope you called the cops. Dude prolly in his cup.

octane
11-29-2014, 08:31 PM
actually, we know the stray cat pretty well, and he was there after the accident, cops were there, checked is cell phone (illegal to use cell while driving here) didn't feel he was under the influence of anything, and let him walk home, since he lives near my house. there were no signs of braking at all, the only thing that slowed him down was hitting the first car, and that the engine shut off when the airbags came out.

still how can you not avoid a cat if you really are going 20mph? dude has the worst reflexes in the world? lol

alexxxx89
11-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Even if he wasn't texting and driving he could have looking at fb or something on his phone and didn't see the road curve. Hope it works out!

RTexasF
11-30-2014, 02:33 PM
Saw this on R4W, sorry it happened to you friend.

octane
11-30-2014, 04:13 PM
right now as it stands, it's about 700$ canadian to replace the shelters tarp and posts, the wifes venza has 3 screw holes in the bottom (screws from the metal posts of the shelter punctures it) a lot of surface scuffs, and about 4 inches where all the paint is cracked, but the bumper is not cracked. plus the lawn damage! so about 2000$ in damages, paid by his insurance ;-) if he didn't have any insurance, I would of beat him up! lol

still no news about the 2014 Jeep Patriot... but to me since both back wheels are shot, and the rear door is misaligned, I think it might be totaled... it's the cheapest one you can get, no electric windows or door locks.

octane
03-24-2015, 06:13 PM
an update on this, all amounts in canadian dollars

the patriot had 12,000$ in damages, they should of totalled the thing but didn't!
the shelter was 700$ in parts and they gave me 300$ for the trouble of driving 100 miles to get the parts and installing them, and the venza is at 1200$ for parts and labour (lousy paint job is just a plus) but the idiots broke the backup sensors and the bumper protector was reused and is bent, so I'm on their back trying to get it properly fixed.

and the kicker, the guy that caused all this, now drives a brand new fully equiped 2015 rav4. hope karma get him back! ;-)