PDA

View Full Version : delivery charge for car in showroom??

SMCN101
11-28-2014, 09:22 PM
Just looking over my paperwork for my car I bought last month and I have noticed a few things I am not happy with.

1 - they charged me a £200 acceptance fee which I was not informed of at all from the dealer he assured me everything was covered.

2 - I paid a 2200 pound deposit which reads 1800 on my paperwork as I think the salesman made me pay my GAP insurance up front without informing me either.

3 - This one has really got me confused. Delivery Charge - 550 pound for a car which I personally collected and was already pre-built sitting in the showroom the day I walked in?? That is just confusing to say the least, why should I pay delivery on a car that I collected myself???

Any help would be appreciated guys. I am seriously considering phoning Mercedes tomorrow and telling them just to get someone to pick up their car as I'm not happy about this. I know people will say 'should have read the documents you were signing' but let's face it few people do. Oh and just for good measure they tried to not give me my AMG car mats that I was supposed to get, had to go through customer services to get them eventually when I paid for them in the price of the car.

ScubaCougr
11-28-2014, 09:30 PM
The delivery charge is often shipping from the manufacturer to your dealer. You're possibly thinking about "dealer prep" which is another racket altogether.

Some car dealers are worse than others with fees and explanations. And leases can be worse than a straight financed purchase. Sorry you appear to have one of the sneaker dealers.

ryanbabz71
11-28-2014, 09:34 PM
Delivery charge is common in the states. Built into the msrp

Ryan

SMCN101
11-28-2014, 09:41 PM
Should I really have to pay the delivery to the dealership though when the car was already sitting there when I walked into the showroom? The only reason I took the car was because it was there and I didn't want to wait 2 months on one getting built. That's like walking into a shop and buying any shirt then paying a delivery fee lol.

I was a first time buyer and probably not as savvy as i should have been. Feel totally duped, one thing I am not though is shy when I feel tricked. Tomorrow the complaints department will be getting an earful, my dealings with Mercedes so far have been nothing but horrendous. Problem after problem. I always heard salesmen where sneaky but the optimist in me chose not to believe it. Probably a good thing I can't get through to Mercedes just now because my blood is boiling.

SYMAWD
11-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Should I really have to pay the delivery to the dealership though when the car was already sitting there when I walked into the showroom? The only reason I took the car was because it was there and I didn't want to wait 2 months on one getting built. That's like walking into a shop and buying any shirt then paying a delivery fee lol.

I was a first time buyer and probably not as savvy as i should have been. Feel totally duped, one thing I am not though is shy when I feel tricked. Tomorrow the complaints department will be getting an earful, my dealings with Mercedes so far have been nothing but horrendous. Problem after problem. I always heard salesmen where sneaky but the optimist in me chose not to believe it. Probably a good thing I can't get through to Mercedes just now because my blood is boiling.
At least in the US, you pay the "destination" fee which covers shipping from the factory to the dealer. It sounds normal to me.

Docpeanut
11-28-2014, 09:56 PM
Dealers play their games of hiding numbers in order to maximize their profits. No matter what, you won't get any money back. You signed and that's all they need to win their argument. Does it suck? Sure does, but you're now more informed for the next purchase. Telling them to come get the car won't get you anywhere but further in debt. My advice would be to let it go and enjoy your new Benz.

campngolf
11-28-2014, 09:57 PM
Sounds normal to me too. Even if you had ordered a car, you'd most likely still pay same delivery fee.

dcjredline
11-28-2014, 11:30 PM
Another reason a new car is NEVER a good deal. Sorry they took some advantage of you.

allenk4
11-29-2014, 12:10 AM
"550 pound for a car"

It must be a tiny automobile

Mine weighs at least 4,000 pounds

SameGuy
11-29-2014, 01:23 AM
:rimshot:

Setec Astronomy
11-29-2014, 07:58 AM
Just to clarify, the delivery charge (at least here in the US) is to deliver the car from the factory to the dealer, so it really is irrelevant that the car was already on the showroom floor, at some point it was shipped from the factory. Again, here in the US, there is no wiggle room with this charge, as there is a large union involved in car delivery.

MPBGT
11-29-2014, 08:33 AM
Sounds normal, in the US they charge you a destination fee that is averaged out over all the cars they sell. You pay the same destination fee on a corvette if you buy it in California, or a dealer Bowling Green where they build them. I believe you can pay a little more and pick it up at the assembly plant in the Corvettes case.