PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use a Festool Dust Extractor as their shop vac

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
11-28-2014, 09:08 PM
I happened to stumble upon the Festool Dust Extractors and after watching some YT videos I'm really leaning towards getting one. They're expensive, and if you're not using them with power tools to suck up the dust owning one would be highly overkill. But I like how they look, they seem to be pretty quiet and you can stack the Festool Systainers on top to carry around tools.

I can't find any info though on how they work as a straight shop vac. I don't suspect anyone buys one for that purpose. But maybe someone here has one and has used it as a vac and can comment.

Jlt23
11-28-2014, 10:04 PM
I actually bought one today, but planning on use it with tools also. I will probably just use it for dry stuff and use my shop vac for liquids. If you buy it with a tool you get 10% off. Larry at AMMO NYC uses it for car detailing.

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
11-28-2014, 10:14 PM
I actually bought one today, but planning on use it with tools also. I will probably just use it for dry stuff and use my shop vac for liquids. If you buy it with a tool you get 10% off. Larry at AMMO NYC uses it for car detailing.

10% sounds good but the tools are expensive lol. And honestly I don't have a need for any of their tools. The extractor + the vacuum attachments + one systainer would be perfect. Can't afford it today but soon I'll be jumping on it.

Jlt23
11-28-2014, 10:47 PM
Yeah I hear you. They never go on sale.

hilld
11-28-2014, 11:33 PM
Festool makes great stuff, I have one of their dust extractors and use it quite a bit.

mryyc
11-30-2014, 12:49 AM
I also have the CT26 dust extractor, for detailing / shop vac use I would recommend getting the dealer you buy from to swap the stock hose for the larger 36mm. Also keep in mind no attachments are included, I use the compact cleaning kit (cheapest one) quite a bit. I bought it mostly for tools and woodworking but it works great for my own detailing as well.