PDA

View Full Version : CCS spot buff 4" foam pad kit

Tools17
11-27-2014, 09:51 AM
My question is will this kit work on my pc 7424xp? It says it comes with the adapters as well. I have been thinking about getting a 3" backing plate anyway. Then I saw this kit here on Autogeek. Looks like a good deal and has everything in one kit.

What do you guys think? I will just be using it on my personal vehicles and others occasionally.

Feed back please

Eric@CherryOnTop
11-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Yup, it will work. It's well worth it for the pc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tools17
11-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Thank you. I thought it would just wanted to be sure!

TuxedoTaurus
11-27-2014, 11:56 AM
I love my CCS 4" pads, and couldn't imagine not having them. They work great on my HF DA. Makes it much easier to do bumpers, A/B-pillars, even the door sills. You will love them.

allenk4
11-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Quick word of caution

If you are using small pads at higher speeds (5-6), make sure you keep the pad firmly on the paint

If you do not maintain downward pressure, the pad will go flying

Tools17
11-27-2014, 02:42 PM
I love my CCS 4" pads, and couldn't imagine not having them. They work great on my HF DA. Makes it much easier to do bumpers, A/B-pillars, even the door sills. You will love them.

That's exactly what I want them for! :buffing:

Tools17
11-27-2014, 02:42 PM
Quick word of caution

If you are using small pads at higher speeds (5-6), make sure you keep the pad firmly on the paint

If you do not maintain downward pressure, the pad will go flying

Thanks for the tip.

builthatch
11-27-2014, 02:50 PM
agree with the others. the one beef i've always had with them is they are SO tall. i used to love the flat 4" pads that LC made but they are hard to find, at least they were. so if you need lower profile pads that are even smaller, for a DA, i use a 2 7/8" rotary BP, DA adapter and the black (finishing) or orange (cutting) Griot's pads, which are a true 3". with the adapter and stuff, it spaces everything nicely away from the machine giving you some reach and of course the small BP and small pad let you work in some really tiny areas.

allenk4
11-27-2014, 03:02 PM
Careful using rotary BP with DA pads

Sometimes the hook & loop systems do not play well together

This causes the longer hooks on the rotary BP to heat up the backing on the pad and deteriorate both the pad and the BP

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/WP_20131026_007_1_.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/WP_20131026_006.jpg

The photos are or a melting BP and Pad

I too hate it when, people post links to photos

For some reason my Windows phone does nothing when I click on the "add picture" icon

Any ideas?

builthatch
11-27-2014, 03:38 PM
hmm, the little bp i have isn't even on here anymore. excuse the condition of the bigger bp - that thing is "edited" because the old LC 4" flat pads didn't have the full backing like the spot buffs do now.

here are the two setups side by side.